Respected Contributor

Re: Marie Osmand joining The Talk/ Kathy Levine hosting NSystem 5/9 on HSN

lol
Respected Contributor

I think Gayle King would be better on The Talk than on the Cbs morning show.

I'm glad Oprah is leaving 60 minutes.

Honored Contributor

Marie joined The Talk ladies today, and they all just gushed over each other, sickening sweet. 

Honored Contributor

Marie frightens me. She always reminds me of that Uncle Bob we all have -- you know, the one is manically unpredictable. You just never know what he's going to do or say.

Speaking of the NS informecials, I caught one last night in which they said their probiotics will "shrink your belly and chromium to burn fat."

Uh-huh, sure thing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids 

I also cannot watch her phony commercials. There's too much of Marie - although I like her. The Talk - which I don't watch - sounds like the perfect job for her. She has an endless amount of energy - maybe from all those yummy Nutri-System Foods.

Esteemed Contributor

Well if I ever needed a reason to NOT watch the talk, I just got it.  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch her on QVC now, but remember years ago her selling dolls here. 

I like her and, of course, wish her well with the talk show she's joining although I don't even know which one it is.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen "The Talk" but I think Marie Osmond is quite an accomplished woman. I find it sad when women are so critical of one another, always looking for the negative. I don't believe performing on stage is easy, I think it is very hard work and requires extreme discipline. I suspect it requires many hours of grueling work and much time spent away from family. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I've never seen "The Talk" but I think Marie Osmond is quite an accomplished woman. I find it sad when women are so critical of one another, always looking for the negative. I don't believe performing on stage is easy, I think it is very hard work and requires extreme discipline. I suspect it requires many hours of grueling work and much time spent away from family. 

I understand what you're saying, but there are many variables in play here....

Lots of posts about her being too sweet--sickeningly sweet.  (I don't mind sweet!)

I, for one, would never even consider supporting a woman, just because she's a woman.   

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@RetRN, does this mean that you never felt negative about a woman?

I hope most of us are more gender-blind.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland