Honored Contributor

Re: Mariah Woods' mother's live-in boyfriend is arrested...

Agreed.  If he is going down, he's taking everyone involved with him.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

He was charged with moving the body from the place of death but not charged with killing her.  So did the mother kill her?

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

He was charged with moving the body from the place of death but not charged with killing her.  So did the mother kill her?

@Shawnie My understanding is that they cannot charge him with murder until after they determine the cause of death. If, they determine how she died, and come up with DNA, they can raise his charge to include murder. They started with what they could just to get him in jail.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some very disturbing details coming out regarding this case. They are now saying the little girl was being sxually abused and the 'MOTHER' knew. The two brothers were physically abused. 

I admit it, I was dead WRONG, her Susan Smith tears fooled me. 

I just read this in the Daily Mail site (which I surf/read frequently).

The poor angel's cause of death is still not been shared. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby

Don't feel bad.  After learning the details of the last "big" child abuse/murder case here in Albuquerque, I look at every mother in these situations with a jaundiced eye.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

Some very disturbing details coming out regarding this case. They are now saying the little girl was being sxually abused and the 'MOTHER' knew. The two brothers were physically abused. 

I admit it, I was dead WRONG, her Susan Smith tears fooled me. 

I just read this in the Daily Mail site (which I surf/read frequently).

The poor angel's cause of death is still not been shared. 

@LoveMyBaby  What a mess.  The mother is still scheduled for a custody hearing with the bio dad for the two boys.  From what I read the release of info about all the sexual abuse is coming from the dad and his fiance supposedly from court docs but these docs have not be verified.

The mother tried to run over the fiance; the father had custody but lost later on; he was still fighting to regain the children at the time of Mariah's death.

Who's minding the store in all of this?  What a horrible mess and of course the children are the ones who suffer.

But then we have people who think this mother had no resources to help her so moving a boyfriend in was her only option.  Serious *eyeroll* here.

I don't care WHO you are or WHAT your situation is; any mother (or father or guardian) worth their salt gets that "hink" feeling.  No excuse in the world would justify not paying attention to a feeling that a person just isn't right somehow.

Bless all the children; I weep for what Mariah could have been in life and the loss of her potential.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3

Very well stated. It does seem that they're taking time to go over all the facts. I don't know if I believe all of the biodad's story either, especially if he hasn't seen Mariah in a year. I highly doubt a court would allow that to happen if he was up to speed on his parenting responsibilities. Courts do not keep non-custodial parents away from their children. Therefore, me thinks he wasn't doing his job as a 'FATHER' but pointing fingers. Wonder if he contributed to their care financially. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@Cakers3

Very well stated. It does seem that they're taking time to go over all the facts. I don't know if I believe all of the biodad's story either, especially if he hasn't seen Mariah in a year. I highly doubt a court would allow that to happen if he was up to speed on his parenting responsibilities. Courts do not keep non-custodial parents away from their children. Therefore, me thinks he wasn't doing his job as a 'FATHER' but pointing fingers. Wonder if he contributed to their care financially. 

One reason is that simply if the mother makes it difficult for the dad to see the kid, well he loses any bonding he had with the child.  He doesn't want to fork over money (that the mom uses for the live in boyfriend anyway) to a kid he rarely sees.  A lot of the money that comes in whether it's child support or welfare,or fairy tale social security entitlements, winds up in support of a live in boyfriend.  Boyfriends of America.  That's what the U.S. is very successful at. 

Trusted Contributor

So many of these kids are being raised in homes where there is no real love for the children., rather ex's use the kids as pawns for spite work. What mother that loved asnd cared for her kids and wanted to protect them would allow a thug who has had numerous run ins with the law, does not work, has a history of abuse  to live with you and your kids.

The women would rather have a man around and it seems in a lot of these cases the sorrier the man is the more they want him. Of course sh is just as sorry if she knew about it and I do not know how she could not have.

My fear is in this aftermath, since Mariahs body was in the water supposedly for a week, evidence was probably lost.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the men and women who abuse/ kill precous children.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@Cakers3

One reason is that simply if the mother makes it difficult for the dad to see the kid, well he loses any bonding he had with the child.  He doesn't want to fork over money (that the mom uses for the live in boyfriend anyway) to a kid he rarely sees.  A lot of the money that comes in whether it's child support or welfare,or fairy tale social security entitlements, winds up in support of a live in boyfriend.  Boyfriends of America.  That's what the U.S. is very successful at. 

Yes, but if he is truly dedicated to visitation rights and the mother of his child is hindering such effforts, he can fight that in court. I may be wrong, but I think that child support is legally supposed to go to support the child. If it is being siphoned off, then back to court. The problem with this is that many of those involved are not savvy enough to understand the whole procedure.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland