Honored Contributor

Re: March Bird's Nest - Welcome the first signs of Spring

17 RULES FOR HAPPINESS By Karl Moore Rule #11 – Love More! We must realize that we feel the most happy in life – when we are the one giving the love! The more we love others, the happier he became. The more we love the world around us, the happier we become. The more we love even our enemies, the happier we become. And best of all, WE can control the amount of love we give – and thereby control the amount of happiness we experience. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” –Barbara De Angelis

Wishing love and kindness for all my Birding Friends!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Hello all - it's sunny here and I think it's going to reach the 50's today. I saw one guy in shorts and a t-shirt outside yesterday. Personally I didn't think it was THAT warm (lol).

The bird of the day is the Common Bronzewing

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 Bird mama said:

Hello all - it's sunny here and I think it's going to reach the 50's today. I saw one guy in shorts and a t-shirt outside yesterday. Personally I didn't think it was THAT warm (lol).

The bird of the day is the Common Bronzewing

This bird must be related to pigeons/doves.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Yesterday a bit nippy but today will be in the 80s and then up into the 90s. While this is not unheard of out here it is way above normal. Eons ago I remember a few years when it got HOT in March and stayed that way with Christmas being in the 90s. That has been a long time ago and then there was not a drought. LOL. Interesting.

Tax man later morning - have a beauty shop appointment and then have only a short time to get to San Bernardino to see the tax man. Hate that. This afternoon am hoping to be able to attend the funeral of the husband of a super nice lady. Never actually met her husband although I knew him by sight as he was very active in the community - met her originally at Curves - absolutely beautiful lady and always looked like a dream. He had no health problems I had heard but they were watching TV Sat evening and he complained of his chest bothering him and he just keeled over - gone. I gather they did everything together - including singing - I feel so sorry for her. I do not like funerals but some I feel I should attend - this is one of them.

Some more cute owls here - did not ever know until I saw them here there were so many different kinds. To me an owl was an owl - always liked them but so many kinds? Just precious.

Am trying to get at least one load of clothes done this morning - have them in the washer - if I am lucky and time permitting will get another one done. Hope so.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Freddie, I am so very sorry for your friend's loss. Although my husband had cancer, he died unexpectedly. Having the rug pulled out from under you like that is so devastating.

I had two funeral home visits in February. The one before Valentines Day was for a lady that I worked with years ago. She retired and word got to me that her husband passed. I went to the funeral home and she said OMG, I didn't expect to see you and smiled.

Two weeks after that one, I went to the funeral home for a former co-workers sister. That co-worker is here as a contractor. Many of us were at the funeral home and my contractor co-worker said it warmed her heart that so many people came who hadn't even met her sister.

Paying our respects is for the living. Even if we don't know the person who passed that well, we try to let the mourner know, hey your grief matters to me.

You are a good woman Winifred {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Mousie, you are correct. The bronzewing is in the pigeon/dove family. I've found some interesting variations on the pigeon theme, so I will be sprinkling them in here and there in future posts. I've already got April planned out and almost 30 for May LOL. I try to bring interesting birds.

The bird of the day is the Masked Lapwing (in the Plover family)

Image result for masked lapwing

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Possumm - I just realized that you posted these on "Thank You Webbie," love the little girl and bird.