Contributor

Many of the QVC shows are repeats?

First let me say I am NOT talking about QVC Plus.  I don't have it on my cable package.  The last couple of days when looking at the program guide on the TV to see what is coming up on QVC, I noticed alot of the shows said they were repeats.  Lori Grenier is on at 11:00 pm tonight and it says it is a show from 2013.  I don't know if that is right or the cable company is giving incorrect info on shows.  Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Many of the QVC shows are repeats?

That doesn't sound rght to me. I don't think they would have enough stock to fill orders

Contributor

I think it's Comcast.  Lori is always bringing on new products.  But I am going to watch at 11:00 to see if I can tell whether it is a repeat or not.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't make any sense to air a show from 2013.  Item numbers change or items don't get restocked when they sell out.  It has to be the cable company.

Honored Contributor

Also prices on everything have gone up in three years.   I've never seen a taped program on QVC except for Christmas day. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jenjen1127  I looked through the program guide and didn't see anything referring to old taped programs.  I see you were looking at your TV schedule,  obviously very inaccurate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They're not repeats. 

The date that comes up is the first "episode" of that particular program.  I'm watching AM Style, and the date that comes up in 10/18/14, which should be the first airing of AM Style with Leah Williams.

Esteemed Contributor

@jenjen1127...I've noticed this also...When I hit "guide" on my remote to get a listing of programs, it will indicate "New" or "Repeat"...This morning, it is showing the wrong show for 7-10 am...It is saying "Repeat, It Cosmetics, (2014)..."

I've also noticed incorrect movies being listed on some of the movie channels at times...It is obviously a mix-up with the cable provider...We have Comcast.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

It wouldn't make any sense to air a show from 2013.  Item numbers change or items don't get restocked when they sell out.  It has to be the cable company.

I would agree Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I can verify that they do occasionally show repeat programs. I only saw it once overnight, but I had seen that particular one earlier in the day. I was surprised and took notice. I wouldn't be surprised if they do this more often, saving the millions referred to in some article posted somewhere on the forums yesterday. I checked my cable programming guide last night, and it did say "repeat" on at least three separate hours. There may be more, but I'm not watching enough to say that it is in fact a repeat.