Esteemed Contributor

Re: Many homes burning near LA

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

I've lived in Ca all all my life, both Southern and Northern.  In Southern I lived in the hills when there was a fire; we also lived at the beach.

I now live in the midst of all the power outages.  We were not shut off but many friends were.

The California of yesteryear is not the California of today in every way.  The only reason we are here is because of family and other ties.  It is a disgrace what has been allowed to happen to this state.   I could go on for days but I don't want to get the thread poofed, which it would.

The first year of the 40 I lived In CA was in Pacific Palisades, the 39 years were in the San Fernando Valley which was beautiful at that time, 1965 to be exact.  I watched many areas of the Valley change over time, and not for the better.  Many areas became what one would consider  to be non-desirable.  I too could, as you said, go on and on but the thread would go poof.  I lived in Northridge, Chatsworth and Encino and was very happy in all of them and as much as I miss CA, for many reasons, I doubt if I would go back.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma , @Wsmom 

I was born in Pasadena and lived there until 3 rd grade when we movied to Seal Beach.  We moved around Orange County - Tustin, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, Orange, etc.  It was a great place to grow up but too many people moved there so in 1991 I moved to the Seattle area and now too many people are moving here!  I miss the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, Framers Markiet, and all the theater LA has to offer.  It is really lacking here in comparison. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma , @Wsmom 

I was born in Pasadena and lived there until 3 rd grade when we movied to Seal Beach.  We moved around Orange County - Tustin, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, Orange, etc.  It was a great place to grow up but too many people moved there so in 1991 I moved to the Seattle area and now too many people are moving here!  I miss the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, Framers Markiet, and all the theater LA has to offer.  It is really lacking here in comparison. 

@DiAnne ...Another great thing about living where I did in CA are the places we could go to within a couple of hours drive such as...Santa Barbara, San Diego, Mammoth, Lake Arrowhead and Laguna Beach.  Those are just a few as an example, and I too miss the places you mentioned. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam