Esteemed Contributor

Re: Many homes burning near LA

[ Edited ]

I lived in the San Fernando Valley for forty years and am very familiar with the fires and  earthquakes.  I also knew people in Malibu who lost their home twice due to a fire , and because they loved where they lived, they rebuilt on the same spot each time.

This is the time of the year for the winds and fires, it happens every year, you can't get away from it if you live there.   I loved living in CA and I understand why people don't just pick up and move, it's hard to explain.  Thank God for the amazing firefighters they have there, and right now I am praying for them and all the people who are being affected by the fires.  God Bless each and everyone of them and keep them safe. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

People in other locales suffer through tornadoes, hurricanes, massive flooding, etc. Yet I've never heard it suggested that they should move to a different state.

I lived in the San Fernando Valley for 29 years. We were not in the same areas as today's horrific fire, but certainly we could have faced such a problem. Never once did we consider moving for that reason.

Now, I will say that we would not entertain the thought of living in area that is extremely fire-prone, but move out of state? No way.

It is suggested everytime there is a natural disaster.

Honored Contributor

@patbz  The 7.1 in San Francisco during the World Series and I think it was 1989 or somewhere around that year.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone, including fur babies, that are impacted in anyway by this. None of us are immune to the sometimes brutal, indiscriminate acts of nature.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne. I think you are mistaken to think anyone who does not live in CA is jealous. You could not pay me to live there. I am sure many people would not like my state either. There is good and bad no matter where you live. I kind of changed my mind about rebuilding. If you lost all your possessions, you are not going to have as much to lose if it happens again. I would think you would have to let go off being attached to “things.”
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

I do not live in California but I was born and raised there.

Esteemed Contributor

Lived in So Cal for 48 years.  The last 20 have been unbelievable.

Esteemed Contributor

I've lived in Ca all all my life, both Southern and Northern.  In Southern I lived in the hills when there was a fire; we also lived at the beach.

I now live in the midst of all the power outages.  We were not shut off but many friends were.

The California of yesteryear is not the California of today in every way.  The only reason we are here is because of family and other ties.  It is a disgrace what has been allowed to happen to this state.   I could go on for days but I don't want to get the thread poofed, which it would.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains inappropriate language

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

per 5 p m press conference, Saddleridge fire is still at 13% containment. with winds sticking around for another 25 hours it will be tough to make too much headway.  prayers for the people of the north valley and our magnificent LAFD.

I have a few neighbors who are firefighters --- and all of them are AMAZING!!!!! Such hard work, inhaling all the toxic smoke, and they put their lives on the line for us.