Respected Contributor

Re: Many Locked Threads, Pages Jumping all Over the Place, Hard on the Eyes.. It's not fun anymore..

I don't stay on the forums long enough to tell idf the pages are jumping. I hate this new format.

However on Facebook I am having trouble with things jumping around. Some people think it is FB, but I don't know. I use Chrome. 

I still do NOT like this, limits my time on here, since I get so frustrated.

Respected Contributor

Re: Many Locked Threads, Pages Jumping all Over the Place, Hard on the Eyes.. It's not fun anymore..

I have to wait until the page settles.....
Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Is anyone else still experiencing problems with the "shop by category" dropdown menu interferring with the left navigation bar (with all the different sub-fora are listed)?

It doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be an issue for me. The menu drops down without being promted and just stays there-I have to refresh to make it go away.

Just me?

Not just you, it is really annoying!!

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Is anyone else still experiencing problems with the "shop by category" dropdown menu interferring with the left navigation bar (with all the different sub-fora are listed)?

It doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be an issue for me. The menu drops down without being promted and just stays there-I have to refresh to make it go away.

Just me?

It happens to me too and it's been happening for a while now. I used to refresh the page but now I just click anywhere in the gray area and it goes away. It's not a huge deal, but it does get annoying! 

Super Contributor

I have the same issues as the OP. All the jumping gives me a terrible headache and the back button taking me to the top of the last page I was on is a real pain in the you know what!

Super Contributor

@debc wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

I noticed this morning the mods locked down about 6 threads back-to-back...which probably needed to be locked for spam, but many other threads have been locked for mere opinions that differed from the mods.  

On top of that, the pages are still jumping to the top of the page every time you read a post and hit the back arrow.  In addition, the glare of the white space is so hard on the eyes.

It's just not a fun place any longer.   

While I don't disagree, the 6 today were from the same person trying to keep the friction going.   Amazingly it's ok to post on more than one board.

I don't like the page jumping much either, I hope that's fixable.

Friction ? Perhaps you should  explain to us, what I bolded in your post.  Apparently many of us missed it. Thank you.

Honored Contributor
The iPad runs on Safari. It looked like the jumping page was fixed finally but it's doing it again. Annoying:/
Respected Contributor

@maryebrown wrote:

@debc wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

I noticed this morning the mods locked down about 6 threads back-to-back...which probably needed to be locked for spam, but many other threads have been locked for mere opinions that differed from the mods.  

On top of that, the pages are still jumping to the top of the page every time you read a post and hit the back arrow.  In addition, the glare of the white space is so hard on the eyes.

It's just not a fun place any longer.   

While I don't disagree, the 6 today were from the same person trying to keep the friction going.   Amazingly it's ok to post on more than one board.

I don't like the page jumping much either, I hope that's fixable.

Friction ? Perhaps you should  explain to us, what I bolded in your post.  Apparently many of us missed it. Thank you.

Twice now, someone has copy and pasted a bunch of posts from the other board.  While they were not very nice posts, posting them here isn't either.  There's no reason to bring them here.  I don't care if someone is talking about me some where else to be honest.  One would be very naive to think no one does.  That's their admin's problem let her take care of it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Just me?

Yes, the Shop by Category is the culprit. If you somehow touch that link with your mouse, the board categories get covered by the grey list of shopping categories. Make sure your mouse does not touch that link, and you'll be good. 

As far as the jumping, I discovered you have to sit patiently for a few seconds until it settles down, and then you can continue doing what you want to do. Annoying but that's the only way it seems to work for me. My impatience gets the best of me!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Just me?

Yes, the Shop by Category is the culprit. If you somehow touch that link with your mouse, the board categories get covered by the grey list of shopping categories. Make sure your mouse does not touch that link, and you'll be good. 

As far as the jumping, I discovered you have to sit patiently for a few seconds until it settles down, and then you can continue doing what you want to do. Annoying but that's the only way it seems to work for me. My impatience gets the best of me!

If that happens, go up and click on the little down arrow next to "Shop by Category" then move your mouse off of it. When you do that, the drop down will close.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines