Honored Contributor

Re: Manson Family member to remain in prison.

Plaid Pants2 wrote:

This is exactly why I couldn't get all worked up and frantic, when the news was that she was up for parole, because I knew that just because one is up for parole, does NOT mean that they will get it.

Yeah, I remember seeing a thread that very specifically stated that she was GRANTED parole and it turned out not to be true at all.  I wish people wouldn't post things that are not true.  But then, that is the way it goes in internetland, eh?  Smiley Wink

We all make mistakes, but some mistakes are just too big for a second chance.  I don't think they will let any of the worst offenders, and of course not CM himself, out - ever.

Trusted Contributor

Well, the parole board did recommend her for parole awhile back. But the Governor refused it just this week.

She admittedly stabbed Mrs. Labianca in the abdomen at least 16 times....then went to her fridge and drank chocolate milk from the carton. What a monster!
Super Contributor

A good friend of mine has a significant other who is a prison guard in the same prison where Charles Manson is...he is exposed to the worst of the worst every day and says about Manson..."That is one scary dude!!"

Super Contributor

Don't ya just love people like this who, after committing a horrendous crime, say that they're now a different person, are doing such good works in prison, found God or Allah or Bhudda or whatever and they should be freed?  The most nauseating claim is their claim of good behavior.  Good behavior!?  Why, because you managed not to murder someone else in prison?

I'm glad they turned her down but I have a bad feeling that some squishy parole board will actually let her out some day.

Murder is the ultimate crime and life in prison is appropriate.

BTW, did anyone hear the news report that said the average sentence for murder in the U.S. is ELEVEN YEARS? Shocking.