Respected Contributor

Re: Manhunt during our walk this morning

@manny2 ITA. We had a suicide in the park across the street from my house a couple of months ago.  It happened in the middle of the afternoon when lots of families with kids were at the park.  It was very unsettling.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Surely they wouldn't call out the search helicopter if the assault wasn't a serious one.  

@Icegoddess 

This might not even be the reason the helicopter was out. It is often unwise to believe everything even our law enforcement and politicians tell us.

Honored Contributor

We've had a teenage murder suspect on the loose since Sunday. Only the car was found.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Surely they wouldn't call out the search helicopter if the assault wasn't a serious one.  

@Icegoddess 

This might not even be the reason the helicopter was out. It is often unwise to believe everything even our law enforcement and politicians tell us.

I agree about politicians.The officer knew what he was speaking about. He was also searching for the perp. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I thought I could not be surprised anymore but this morning I was. We did our morning walk. I walk home after three miles and make the dogs and my husband breakfast. I open the back door so the dogs can go out and leave it open. My husband who continues the walk for another mile called to say lock the doors, A little shocked I ask why. He said the helicopter flying around was searching for someone. He said a police officer told him someone who was not 65 tried to get a vaccine down the street and did not like that he could not get it so he assaulted someone. I don't know all the details. People are really freaking out over the vaccine. 

I hope they caught the guy. 

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I thought I could not be surprised anymore but this morning I was. We did our morning walk. I walk home after three miles and make the dogs and my husband breakfast. I open the back door so the dogs can go out and leave it open. My husband who continues the walk for another mile called to say lock the doors, A little shocked I ask why. He said the helicopter flying around was searching for someone. He said a police officer told him someone who was not 65 tried to get a vaccine down the street and did not like that he could not get it so he assaulted someone. I don't know all the details. People are really freaking out over the vaccine. 

I hope they caught the guy. 

I don't know if they did or not. The helicopter was flying over for awhile. 

Esteemed Contributor

In 1980 a local 17 yr. old girl, and her 24 yr. old boyfriend, shot & killed her Dad, Mom & 10 yr. old brother. 

It was a zoo with County detectives, St.Police, and since they thought they may have left PA, FBI.

Local yahoos drove around at night on back roads, with spot lights, in their pickup trucks with guns. 

The suspects were found days later............in one of the Carolinas.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I agree about politicians.The officer knew what he was speaking about. He was also searching for the perp. 

Law enforcement don't lie as a practice but there are times when they must in order to protect what they are doing.  Politicians.  They lie just for the fun of it.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Law enforcement don't lie as a practice but there are times when they must in order to protect what they are doing.  Politicians.  They lie just for the fun of it.

@Nonametoday, those are more sins of omission than lies.

Politicians? There are outright, purposeful lies and then there is spin. I think that the latter is far more frequent that the former. But we're getting off track here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland