Respected Contributor

Re: Man confesses to the murder of JonBenet

I don't think this case will ever be solved, it was so botched from the very beginning.

This guy has not been charged yet. There was someone else that also "confessed" to her murder, but it was a hoax.  

If it was an accident, why the elaborate letter and way she was tied up?  She had severe blows to the head and also strangled I believe.  This is one case that I truly wish could be solved.

Honored Contributor

I do too. Patsy always said the Police did a terrible job and ruined the case

Honored Contributor

Wasn’t there someone else who confessed that was ruled out? I hope this is legitimate. I can’t believe the FBI didn’t follow up on this information in the beginning. I lived in Boulder when this happened and needless to say it was very devastating to the community. 

Honored Contributor

No other news site has picked it up. It might be a hoax ,or an exclusive. I hope it is true. I hate to think someone is still out there , and could harm another child

Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe this man did it, confession or not.  

I still say the primary suspect should be Burke.  

Honored Contributor

Burt is creepy for sure, but I don't know that he is a killer

Honored Contributor

This is an account from a Boulder newspaper in 2016 about this guy that has confessed to the murder

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_30041518/jonbenet-ramsey-murder-suspect-gary-oliva-charge...

Honored Contributor

People often confess to crimes they didn't commit just to get attention.  Police will have to prove he did it.  Surely he's been checked out before?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

He has been checked out before,. Also the man he confessed to , says he was told this 20 years ago @Kachina624

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have seen autopsy pics and drawing and the autopsy report, not hard to find.  There were marks on her that looked like a stun gun was used.

Burke could have never done what was so savagely done to her.  The elaborate and complex ways items that were used were way beyond a 9 yr old, plus the letter.  He was clueless as to what was going on that day if you take a look at when he was questioned.

Besides they do have unknown male DNA that they have been unable to match so far.