Honored Contributor

Re: Man Suing Apple for $10 Billion

Why now?  Why not years ago?  (I didn't read the article in the link.)

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, Psion was the first PDA released in 1984.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, Psion was the first PDA released in 1984.

Thanks, @itiswhatitis! I've never even heard of that one before. I edited my post for the change.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, unless he has already won AND is sharing the money with ME, I really don't care. 

It it has been that kind of day... lolol 

Respected Contributor

Ok, I have to laugh, because Microsofts whole Windows OS was "stolen" from Apple's original GUI..Graphic User Interface..  

Respected Contributor

Yeah, and I invented the Internet, lol.

Oops... that was Al Gore.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Ok, I have to laugh, because Microsofts whole Windows OS was "stolen" from Apple's original GUI..Graphic User Interface..  

Which was taken from Xerox who borrowed the concept from Stanford. Pretty much every device in the world is built to some extent on the backs of another device that existed earlier.

Apple has a long history of seeing what others are doing and then adapting/adopting what they're doing and more or less implying they invented it. Apple invented pretty much nothing in the way of new devices but they've copied and adapted stuff done by someone else.

People credit Apple with inventing the  portable portable mp3 type players, but the product of the year at the CES the year before Apple came out with their first i-Pod was an mp3 player. People credit Apple with inventing tablet computers but tablets were out for over a decade before the i-Pad came along.

Apple's genius, if you want to call it that, is in marketing. They make expensive, but solidly made products, convince buyers they're the greatest thing ever, and sell them by the ton, raking in huge profits along the way. Apple has never been the first to market with a new type of product though. Smartphones were around before Apple came out with the first i-Phone. IBM had a prototype on display way back in 1992. It went on sale in 1994 as the BellSouth Simon Personal communicator. The Japanese firm NTT DoCoMo was the first mass market success with smartphones in 1999. The iPhone didn't come along until 2007.

For this guy to win his lawsuit, he'll need a very favorable jury. It's not because Apple didn't borrow his stuff, God knows they've lifted ideas from everybody else in the world so they could have stolen from him, but it's because there were already similar devices on the market before he claims he invented this.

There are companies in the world that really do invent products. IBM being one such company, but companies like Apple just look around, find something someone else is doing and try to figure out a way to either do it better, or market it better. They're very successful at doing just that. DId they take some of this guy's ideas? Maybe. It's what they do, but proving it will be a nightmare for him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

This sounds rediculous. 

Why can't people stop being victims??

Why not be a hero and work on new inventions?? Make your own millions.

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This sounds rediculous. 

Why can't people stop being victims??

Why not be a hero and work on new inventions?? Make your own millions.

I know!  Lol.  Some people are whiners. Gets old, right?

Honored Contributor

His attorneys will make lots of money.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man