Esteemed Contributor

Re: Man Sues Verizon Over Fraudulent Cellphone Charges

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@itiswhatitis

really?  and you know this how?  former employee here.

@ladyroxanne experience trumps your work!

*Call Tyrone*
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

On ripoffreport, and other comsumer reporting (venting) websites, Verizon has hundreds and hundreds of consumer complaints regarding charging for data overages that were not real, other charges that proved out not true.

They just settled another class action lawsuit recently.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/497393-l-tan-verizon-wireless-class-act...

Right!  Maybe @ladyroxanne had to do this as part of her job.  Verizon is greedy.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I fail,to understand how any right thinking consumer could allow a service provider for any service to initiate withdrawals from a bank account.  IN order to do that you must provide your bank account information to the service provider who then stores it in their computer database.  The,service provider then initiates the withdrawal through their bank which then also has your bank account stored in their database.  SO now two entities have your bank account information permanently stored in their computers.  IF you have auto pay for several,providers you can multiply the number of entities where your bank account information is kept by two for each auto pay you maintain.  IN this day of frequent hacking you have now substantially increased the number of places your bank account information is stored thus increasing your chances of having your data hacked.  No one gets into my checking account but me.  I initiate payments to my service providers from my bank bill payment service.  I do not let others initiate that debit.

Respected Contributor

goof balls always make me smile!