Valued Contributor

Man , I'm Annoyed with Myself . . .And Amazon Too

I'm in need of a new handbag.  The one I'm currently using is probably 18-19 years old and has finally started showing serious wear.  I went to Amazon yesterday and found a gorgeous Frye bag for $140.  Great price for Frye!  But becuase I don't rush into things, I had to mull it over and decide if I wanted to buy it.  Silly me. To get a Frye bag at that price is crazy.  So I just went to Amazon, and it is now, wait for it . . . $458!  I know Amazon has always manipulated prices, but really $318 in a 24 hour period?  Needless to say, I won't be buying it.  Bummer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Man , I'm Annoyed with Myself . . .And Amazon Too

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

I'm in need of a new handbag.  The one I'm currently using is probably 18-19 years old and has finally started showing serious wear.  I went to Amazon yesterday and found a gorgeous Frye bag for $140.  Great price for Frye!  But becuase I don't rush into things, I had to mull it over and decide if I wanted to buy it.  Silly me. To get a Frye bag at that price is crazy.  So I just went to Amazon, and it is now, wait for it . . . $458!  I know Amazon has always manipulated prices, but really $318 in a 24 hour period?  Needless to say, I won't be buying it.  Bummer.

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 I wanted that darn bag too.  I was jonesing for it.  Missed it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes...@LuLuBelle2  I'm guilty of the same.  Years ago a purse company made stunning hand painted bags.  Now they are not the same quality and I stalk a couple special designs from many years ago.  One popped into inventory on Amazon (have no idea where it came from because it is very old inventory).  Today I was prepared to buy, of course it was gone.  Searched  for years for this one bag,  husband said "you don't need it" and I don't.  Years of seeking for that particular design and I let it slip through my fingers.  Ugh....just a bag, deep breathe, not critical in my life.

Valued Contributor

Keep it in  your cart and wait for the price drop!  Decide what you're willing to pay and then don't look back..............the prices rise and fall with the competitor's prices.

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, I really dislike Amazon's pricing games. I hope the price of the bag drops for you in the future. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for you!  I just got a Frye bag from Amazon a few weeks ago.  It was a $358 bag that I got for $182.  I, too, hesitated because it wasn't really my first choice color wise, but the color I wanted had the $358 price tag.  Now that I have it, I love it.  

I am so disappointed for you!  Here's hoping that the price will come down again.  Keep checking!  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for you!  I just got a Frye bag from Amazon a few weeks ago.  It was a $358 bag that I got for $182.  I, too, hesitated because it wasn't really my first choice color wise, but the color I wanted had the $358 price tag.  Now that I have it, I love it.  

I am so disappointed for you!  Here's hoping that the price will come down again.  Keep checking!  

@Citrine1   Oh, so you are the one that got the black Melissa satchel that I wanted.

Valued Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

Keep it in  your cart and wait for the price drop!  Decide what you're willing to pay and then don't look back..............the prices rise and fall with the competitor's prices.

@In-x-s, I'm always afraid to put things in my cart because I wonder if that's how Amazon decides to jack up prices!  A few years ago I bought my budding artist granddaughter a really beautiful art set for Christmas.  I think I bought it in late October/early November.  It was, if I'm not mistaken, about $25.00.  By Christmas it had tripled in price!   They do the same thing with Legos.  If they are popular they just keep raising the price. I really don't know how they get away with their "fluctuating" prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Hahahaha  Oh my gosh @Nonametoday your post made me LOL.  No, it wasn't me!!  I wasn't in the market for a black bag, but I'll tell you something, had I seen the Melissa satchel in black at that price, I'd have bought it.  That's about my favorite of all the Frye bags!  I eyed that satchel for weeks.

I got the Melissa shoulder bag (I think that was it.  I'll check Amazon in a minute).  I believe they were calling the color slate.  I was leary, but it looked brown in the pic.  Fortunately, it looks brown in person too.  Not that there's anything wrong with "slate" but I wanted a brown shade.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, I was looking at Legos for my grandson on Amazon.  Aren't the prices for them outrageous?