Honored Contributor

Re: Man Bills Woman For Date - Your Opinion?

It's not as though the bill was $1,000.

If I were the male date, I'd simply 'forget it'.  'Toss it up'.  (Whatever that means.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I know it says you can  google this but to me it just sounds like one of those tired old facebook stories.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Is this what we have come to now?  Was the feminist movement worth it?  

@GSPgirl, in just what way does this encounter relate to the "feminist movement"?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Keep the first meeting simple...coffee or tea.

this is suggested often 

easy out for both parties if it's a no go 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

She's whining about the dinner being "cheap" but still went.  She had to know where they were going (if she didn't that's on her) and what her meal would cost. 

By her flawed reasoning if the dinner had been expensive then she would owe him?

Because that is what she said-a woman doesn't owe a man anything for a cheap dinner.

I think she was tacky and comes off as a little twit - she ate, she drank, and knew all along that this was the last date.

She is appearing as being "entitled" to a free dinner;  I thought women were beyond the expectation of being treated to everything for free.  While manners did dictate that whoever asks, pays, times have changed.

I understand his frustration and of course collecting is not enforceable; but her manners were sorely lacking in not saying  that this relationship is not going to work.

He deserved that courtesy.

I wonder how many dates will now say up front-50/50 after seeing her posts.

Both were lacking in manners; but I'm viewing her more as a person who feels entitled to this freebie; not because he asked her but because the dinner was cheap.

Get a clue, dear.  You are not all that.  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

ONly read the OP, but I think it is hilarious, based on just reading that.

I'm sure nothing legal he can do, and in my opinion, if someone asks another to go out, they should either be the one to pay or before the date, make financial arrangements.

But I think a lot of people make a practice out of accepting a date with someone, knowing full well they aren't really interested, just to get a night out. 

I find it humorous that someone had the moxie to call her out for not communicating. You at least owe somebody and 'thanks but no thanks' after you have decided there is nothing there.

Honored Contributor

he knew when he asked her for a date a dinner of some kind would be included. if this young man didn't want to pay for an expensive dinner, he should have set something up for a meet, say for coffee,tea, a short inexpensive meet and greet.

his feelings were hurt, he is angry, in a way this may be a red flag about what type of person this young might be.

Valued Contributor

You’re right, she knew she didn’t want to peruse a relationship or even another date.  She should have split the bill with him at the time

Honored Contributor

The two of them sound like a match made in heaven.

She's a drama queen and he's a cheap jerk.

She should have ignored his request. Haven't we all been out on a bad date? Why publicize it on social media.