Honored Contributor

Re: Man Bills Woman For Date - Your Opinion?

If money was important to him, he should have split the tab with her at the restaurant.  She was rude though by ghosting him, but I don't think that justifies him sending a bill.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies This is what you posted to Daisy:

Your last paragraph is disturbing.  Clearly you've had a horrible dating experience, or you have no experience with dating at all.  Maybe you could get this guy's phone number?

To me, that's an insulting assumption and rude toward Daisy.

Edited to appologize for my mistake. It seems it was NycVixon not Daisy.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I think she should never have posted this.  Her best response would have been to ignore him.

He sounds unhinged to me and I don't think publicly provoking him is a good idea at all.

I would agree with this too. 

It seems running to social media with everything is the norm for some people.  They air absolutely everything out.  Nothing is personal or private anymore to some.

I agree that it was really stupid and childish for her to respond to him on social media.

Unless the guy is really nuts there is no way he actually thought he was going to send any collections after her.  Sounds like he was just ****** off and trying to embarass her.

I took the collection agency talk to be a joke by him.  I can't imagine anyone would think that would really happen.  At that point, I wouldn't have even responded.  I would have deleted the text and blocked his number.  Problem solved.

The fact that after she rec'd that text, she responded by telling him ******off, tells me she wasn't afraid of him, thought he was a stalker, thought he was nuts, etc., like others are putting on him.     

I figure he was ticked off and/or joking.  .  

Ignoring seems to me to have been the best response, unless the guy is really a bit off and knows where she lives.

Then it turns into a Lifetime movie!

Honored Contributor

My opinion is that I'm so glad I don't date.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neither party owes anything to the other party from simply one date- by that I mean money as well as responding to follow up texts or calls. It's only ONE DATE!  I offer to split the bill on date one, most often guys say 'no'. Instead,  I'll insist on taking care of the tip.

That's what dating is all about, really a numbers game to hopefully find a connection. If there had been a series of dates- with some sense of a connection  established- that's a different thing, And would be considered 'ghosting' if attempted contacts went unanswered. 

Respected Contributor

Is this what we have come to now?  Was the feminist movement worth it?  

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

If she were my DD I’d tell her to pay the jerk his $40 and be done. He seems unhinged and unlikely to let this go. 

Personally I don’t think she owes him, but I don’t trust him.

He has a high opinion of himself 

I would also suggest she send him $40 along with an apology for her apparent disregard of his feelings. Why make an enemy when $40 and a sorry will prevent it.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@TenderMercies This is what you posted to Daisy:

Your last paragraph is disturbing.  Clearly you've had a horrible dating experience, or you have no experience with dating at all.  Maybe you could get this guy's phone number?

To me, that's an insulting assumption and rude toward Daisy.

Edited to appologize for my mistake. It seems it was NycVixon not Daisy.

Thanks @occasionalrain. I'm glad the moderators removed the entire exchange. I will keep posting my views without the need to unleash vitriol or mistreat anyone, which was my entire point.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I'd be afraid if I sent him $40 ,he might think I wanted to continue the relationship

You never know what is going to give someone like this, the idea, that you are their girl

He sounds disturbed to me ...

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

She owes him nothing. I'd say to him "You pays your money, you takes your chances."

Next time, he should tell any date that they are going Dutch. He sounds like a loser and a cheapskate.

Maybe he still lives at home and his momma told him to do it.  Smiley LOL