Esteemed Contributor

Re: Man Bills Woman For Date - Your Opinion?

@chrystaltree wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

I don't underrstand the whole "ghosted" thing. I see it a lot on social by younger people. If you don't like someone tell them. If you had enough courage to go met them, have enough to tell them.

Also, my daughter has friends who think there is nothing wrong with going out with someone to get a free meal. Good Grief. 

I agree, that "ghosted" thing is rude, mean and intended to hurt someone.  A real human being knows how to get "I will not go out with you again" point across gracefully.  We've all done it because first dates often don't work out.  

@chrystaltree  'Ghosting' isn't a first date thing- it's  really if you've gone out several times. And yes, a chicken way to discontinue dating!

Honored Contributor

She was rude for not being woman enough or having manners enough to simply tell the guy she wasn't interested.

He's rude and lacking manners for expecting her to pay her share of the bill, if he asked her on the date.  I don't care that she didn't respond back.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@mintedrose wrote:

You know the ones who have posted that the woman is at fault most likely have no idea what its like in the dating world nowadays or have never been a victim of this type of thing. I remember talking to a man over the phone first before we decided to meet up and soon after our conversations I realized that the guy was a little strange and decided to end it. That man went nuts, he made threatening phone calls and left crazy messages. I was scared for my life and had to have police involved. So, I understand that when women get that feeling about a guy, its for a reason. Its better to be safe and trust your instinct. In this case, i think the woman made a good decision. Can you imagine being in a relationship with someone like this and what he would have put her through? In this case, she probably should have told him that she didnt want to continue but he shouldve been an adult about it and not have taken it this far. 

There are also many women out there who have no problem using men for what they want.  We don't know either person or even all the details.

And there are lots of men who still think that a woman owes them something if they buy her dinner.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I think she should never have posted this.  Her best response would have been to ignore him.

He sounds unhinged to me and I don't think publicly provoking him is a good idea at all.

I would agree with this too. 

It seems running to social media with everything is the norm for some people.  They air absolutely everything out.  Nothing is personal or private anymore to some.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These days people meet online & then get together for a drink & or dinner. Unless there is a prior understanding the person who initiates the date should pay.This is what my son tells me.It’s common sense.

Until my son met his girlfriend he had several on line dates.Some of the girls would eat, drink & talk up a storm.Some would even text back & forth with my son afterwards & then suddenly stop.It hurt his feelings but never did he demand reimbursement for the dinner when he had picked up the check.It’s just so petty & rude.I raised him to be better than that.

No body owes anyone anything after a first date.Years ago when I was single & dating there were several times I declined second dates.Yes, a girl should be honest with a guy but these days the whole social media thing creates space for rudeness.

If you can’t deal with it then don’t date,period!! Stooping to the level of sending someone an invoice & threatening legal action is immature & stupid!! JMO 

Edited to say the girl’s response on social media is equally immature.She just should have ignored his demand for payment,period. They both need to grow up!!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I think she should never have posted this.  Her best response would have been to ignore him.

He sounds unhinged to me and I don't think publicly provoking him is a good idea at all.

It seems running to social media with everything is the norm for some people.  They air absolutely everything out.  Nothing is personal or private anymore to some.

I agree that it was really stupid and childish for her to respond to him on social media.

Unless the guy is really nuts there is no way he actually thought he was going to send any collections after her.  Sounds like he was just ****** off and trying to embarass her.

QVC Customer Care

[ Deleted ]
Esteemed Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

I don't underrstand the whole "ghosted" thing. I see it a lot on social by younger people. If you don't like someone tell them. If you had enough courage to go met them, have enough to tell them.

Also, my daughter has friends who think there is nothing wrong with going out with someone to get a free meal. Good Grief. 

@nun ya I wouldn't consider this "ghosting."  Ghosting is usually when someone abruptly halts communication with someone with whom they have something more established like a long-term friendship or seriously dating someone.  This is just an instance of a guy not being able to take a hint.  If someone doesn't return a text or voicemail, why would you bother to persist?

I see it as bad manners by both parties. She should have thanked him for the date and cut ties with him. He shouldn't have sent an invoice. 

@nun ya he probably would have sent the invoice anyway! If everyone I went on only  first dates with sent me invoices Woman Surprised Woman LOL 

Respected Contributor

If she were my DD I’d tell her to pay the jerk his $40 and be done. He seems unhinged and unlikely to let this go. 

Personally I don’t think she owes him, but I don’t trust him.

He has a high opinion of himself 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I agree that it was really stupid and childish for her to respond to him on social media.

Unless the guy is really nuts there is no way he actually thought he was going to send any collections after her.  Sounds like he was just ****** off and trying to embarass her.

I took the collection agency talk to be a joke by him.  I can't imagine anyone would think that would really happen.  At that point, I wouldn't have even responded.  I would have deleted the text and blocked his number.  Problem solved.

The fact that after she rec'd that text, she responded by telling him ******off, tells me she wasn't afraid of him, thought he was a stalker, thought he was nuts, etc., like others are putting on him.