Honored Contributor

Re: Man Bills Woman For Date - Your Opinion?

In a case like this, there should be an understanding from the beginning before any meal.  I think the man was a jerk for sending the invoice and _____ off because she did not anything further to do with him.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

She owes him nothing. I'd say to him "You pays your money, you takes your chances."

Next time, he should tell any date that they are going Dutch. He sounds like a loser and a cheapskate.

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Here's something to consider since none of us were on the date.  Could it have been that this woman had a moment during the date where she realized she was having dinner with someone mentally unstable?  Could it be that like most smart people she understands that you don't engage with crazy people, you ignore them?  Could it be that her instincts were right?  Yes, yes, we know she was right as is evidenced by the fact that the guy sent an invoice threatening to go to collections.  That is not normal, and I would question the mental stability of anyone who would defend it as such.  They went on ONE date.  If you go on ONE date with someone, and they don't return your text or call, you move on.  

@TenderMercies

You being up a good point. We don’t know the back story.

To put an ‘180’ on your thought, she could’ve been talking on her

cell phone while eating; after her drinks, she might have excused herself

to the restroom & left the restaurant w/out him knowing.  

There’s a greater than zero chance these two have either conversed

before via text or phone...or even met before this incident. 

We don’t know how this meeting was originated. 

Maybe he was crazy,

Maybe she was crazy.

Maybe the two crazies met their match...and this happened.

We.just.don’t.know but it makes for a good ‘what if’ conversation.

@sidsmom What we DO know is that the guy sent an invoice for a date threatening to send the bill to collections.  That factual information, alone, is enough to know that the guy is a creep and possibly nuts.  

Or possibly feeling hurt and used by someone.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

My DH has a friend that always states his dinner dates are split. He never pays for anyone's meal. 

My DH did some research stuff for him and he offered to take him out for "cocktails & appetizers" at a happy hour. Now, you have to figure he is cheap - my DH neither drinks nor eats appetizers!

He really is tacky.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a feeling there was plenty of ‘crazy’ & ‘nuts’ on both sides.

’Crazy’ doesn’t get to this unless provoked (ie. invoice [his side]

and full social media disclosure [her side]).

Honored Contributor

We don't know how this date came about. Did they meet online, arranged by a friend, or was it an encounter at a bar, bookstore, Walmart...? Whatever, they were not total strangers, had some previous information about one another. 

My guess is that they met online and she liked him well enough to go on a date. Either she didn't care for his appearance or she went for a free meal, she knew then there wouldn't be a second date. 

She should have told him at the time and at least offered to pay her share.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Here's something to consider since none of us were on the date.  Could it have been that this woman had a moment during the date where she realized she was having dinner with someone mentally unstable?  Could it be that like most smart people she understands that you don't engage with crazy people, you ignore them?  Could it be that her instincts were right?  Yes, yes, we know she was right as is evidenced by the fact that the guy sent an invoice threatening to go to collections.  That is not normal, and I would question the mental stability of anyone who would defend it as such.  They went on ONE date.  If you go on ONE date with someone, and they don't return your text or call, you move on.  

@TenderMercies

Maybe he was crazy,

Maybe she was crazy.

@sidsmom What we DO know is that the guy sent an invoice for a date threatening to send the bill to collections.  That factual information, alone, is enough to know that the guy is a creep and possibly nuts.  

@CrazyDaisy Anyone who would get hurt after a first date has no business dating or even pursuing a relationship.  They should be focusing their time on therapy.  

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@TenderMercies

Maybe he was crazy,

Maybe she was crazy.

@CrazyDaisy Anyone who would get hurt after a first date has no business dating or even pursuing a relationship.  They should be focusing their time on therapy.  

WOW....talk about cruel and judgemental.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Yikes, I am glad I am not dating today. There are never any guarantees when you date , that you are going to hit it off.

It sounds like he isn't a gentleman and she got off lucky. Just think if you tied up with someone like this, and then tried to break it off! He would probably stalk you.  When you give a gift whether its a meal or a bottle of perfume, its a gift

If I had purchased the meal ,and a fellow treated me, like she treated him, I would be glad to get rid. I would never dream of sending a bill