Trusted Contributor

Re: Man Bills Woman For Date - Your Opinion?

I would have immediately gone and gotten a money order for the amount requested, photographed his letter along with the money order and posted it on social media along with the guy's name.  Forty bucks isn't worth being stalked by a psycho, but it is worth exposing him and dragging him on social media.

Honored Contributor

If I were meeting a man for the first time under these circumstances I would tell him up front I want to pay for my own bill - so as to not feel any obligation to him. 

Trusted Contributor

He may be a putz, but she doesn't sound like any prize either. Why she would post this on FB to further embarrass him is immature. She'd best stick with posting pictures of kittens, puppies and what she ate for lunch.

Bottom line, she hurt his feelings and I'll bet there's a lot we don't know.

Trusted Contributor

I feel a real man would have just paid the bill and moved on.  It sounds like he is a person who does not take rejection well!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@I1ST5XS wrote:

Well, from his reaction,  I understand why she "ghosted" him and did not want to see him again ...

I don't think she was a mind reader.  She didn't know he'd go off the rails the way he did.  All she knew is that she didn't like the guy but she still wanted a free meal.  Tacky behavior.  She led an emotionally unstable guy on for a cheap meal.  She's lucky that all he did was send her a silly bill.  She doesn't come off well in this thing....not at all.  When my girls started dating, that were two rules.  Meet the guy at the restaurant and pay for you own meal on that first date.  That way, the girls could leave whenever they wanted and they didn't "owe" the guy anything.   

Respected Contributor

I don't underrstand the whole "ghosted" thing. I see it a lot on social by younger people. If you don't like someone tell them. If you had enough courage to go met them, have enough to tell them.

Also, my daughter has friends who think there is nothing wrong with going out with someone to get a free meal. Good Grief. 

Honored Contributor

Good for him!  

Even though he won’t see any monies paid, I’m glad he took that step

to make her think.

Seems her tact of ghosting & ignoring her date should be given

the same consideration with this invoice & posting on social media.

Seems pretty vocal about it now when it’s about h.e.r.

All that energy by ghosting...just do the right thing...be morally right.

Be an adult & explain to him she is not interested.

It would’ve probably been dropped at that point.

Was it snarky on him part? Maybe a little bit, but her making it

an issue on social media? That’s a tell-tale sign her personality 

probably needs to be taken down a peg or two.

She kinda sounds like a nightmare.

Dear Dude: Be glad you didn’t get involved with her!

Trusted Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

I don't underrstand the whole "ghosted" thing. I see it a lot on social by younger people. If you don't like someone tell them. If you had enough courage to go met them, have enough to tell them.

Also, my daughter has friends who think there is nothing wrong with going out with someone to get a free meal. Good Grief. 

@nun ya I wouldn't consider this "ghosting."  Ghosting is usually when someone abruptly halts communication with someone with whom they have something more established like a long-term friendship or seriously dating someone.  This is just an instance of a guy not being able to take a hint.  If someone doesn't return a text or voicemail, why would you bother to persist?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@I1ST5XS wrote:

Well, from his reaction,  I understand why she "ghosted" him and did not want to see him again ...

I don't think she was a mind reader.  She didn't know he'd go off the rails the way he did.  All she knew is that she didn't like the guy but she still wanted a free meal.  Tacky behavior.  She led an emotionally unstable guy on for a cheap meal.  She's lucky that all he did was send her a silly bill.  She doesn't come off well in this thing....not at all.  When my girls started dating, that were two rules.  Meet the guy at the restaurant and pay for you own meal on that first date.  That way, the girls could leave whenever they wanted and they didn't "owe" the guy anything.   

@chrystaltree

I disagree. How could she "know that she didn't like the guy" UNTIL they had their first date?

I highly doubt she "led an emotionally unstable guy on for a first date for a cheap meal", since she couldn't have known he was emotionally unstable UNTIL their date.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

bunch of whiny babies who need to grow up

they are both wrong

you went on a date that didn't work, move along

this makes me crazy. everyone looking to be wronged and have the world pay attention.