Respected Contributor

Re: Man Bills Woman For Date - Your Opinion?

Who’s to say the guy didn’t text her 100 times a day and per him, she rudely ghosted him.  

The guy couldn’t take a hint so he turned into a weirdo over $30

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scatcat wrote:

Who’s to say the guy didn’t text her 100 times a day and per him, she rudely ghosted him.  

The guy couldn’t take a hint so he turned into a weirdo over $30

I think if that had happened, she would have said so, and that's not even close to her version of what happened.

He felt used, and rightly so.  Disappearing the way she did was rude and unnecessary.  Putting the whole thing on social media makes her look like the weirdo to me.  She also tweeted an obscenity to him, which is beyond childish.

IMO she's far too immature to be dating anyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everyone, well, most everyone... has feelings. Maybe if she'd simply responded to him by saying she appreciated the dinner but didn't think it made sense to pursue it further he might not have done as he did. In this day and age there truly is no rule of the universe that the man is responsible for the costs of a dinner out. Maybe the rules have changed, but just ignoring him seems rude.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

A man has to earn the right to pay my expenses.

Otherwise, I pay my own way - always.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Everyone, well, most everyone... has feelings. Maybe if she'd simply responded to him by saying she appreciated the dinner but didn't think it made sense to pursue it further he might not have done as he did. In this day in age there truly is no rule of the universe that the man is responsible for the costs of a dinner out.

Yes.  And she also didn't have to say anything to him in person or even on the phone, which admittedly can be awkward and difficult.  A text or email would have accomplished the same thing, is easy to do, and would have taken two seconds.

Just as it's no longer a given that the man will pay, there are also many ways to communicate now that did not exist in the past.  It really could not have been more simple for her to do the right thing.  She had all the time in the world to blast him on social media, but couldn't be bothered to act like a decent human being and send him a brief text.