Honored Contributor

Re: Man Arrested in SC College Student Death/Uber 'Mistake'

I have two daughters in college.  I know they use Uber and Lyft regularly.

I am absolutely terrified every time they get in one.  They assure me they don't take them alone and sit in the back seat. 

Anything can happen at any time when you have a man who is bigger and stronger than these girls trapped in a car. 

My heart breaks for this family...

Super Contributor

Saw this on the news this morning

So heartbreaking .  

Honored Contributor

'Around here', I've noticed a few young college women taking phone photos of Uber back license plates (and perhaps the drivers) before getting into the back seats of Uber cars.

I thought (Gee, that's a good idea.) 

Maybe even keep their phones/videos on/running during the ride(s)?

After often watching Justice TV, we can't be too careful.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.

I meant to also say:

Rest in peace, and sending heartfelt hugs to her family and friends.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Animal.

Respected Contributor

Animal.

Esteemed Contributor

To the scolds...I didn't say she was drunk out of her mind.  I said I doubted SydneyH was when SHE got an uber.

Read the post again.  Page 4.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

Animal.

Indeed.

Who believes in capital punishment today?

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Who said Samantha was drunk?  Just because she was leaving a bar does not mean she was so intoxicated that she couldn't figure out that this was not Uber.

If she called Uber, then why are her friends being bashed for letting her get a responsible ride, drunk or not.

Sounds as though some think a young woman out with friends shouldn't have a drink and that her friends should have all made sure that this was truly Uber.

Who is to say the friends were all more sober and therefore more responsible for what happened?

This lovely young woman made a fatal mistake.  Nobody is to blame except for the man who murdered her.

Nobody.

THANK YOU @Cakers3 . A friend of mine knows and grieves with this family, and I grieve with them too. I have not read ANY REPORT yet that refers to her personal condition when she was kidnapped, and I think ANY REFERENCES to speculation about her add to the horror of her loss.

Those of us who have or had children who made less than perfect choices when they were younger and emerged as temperate, contributing adults should a prayer for hr and her family, and conclude it with my often thought “There but for the Grace of God.......”

We are from this area & Thank you the whole community of Robbinsville, NJ is grieving for her family.  Such a useless tragedy that could happen really to anyone -- sad people jump to conclusions ☹️.   No matter what the circumstances this young lady lost her life at the hands of a "monster" and a family has lost a child which is never easy in any circumstance.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

To the scolds...I didn't say she was drunk out of her mind.  I said I doubted SydneyH was when SHE got an uber.

Read the post again.  Page 4.

Same thing. By saying that SydneyH wasn't drunk out of her mind when she got an Uber, you are in the same breath, implying that the murdered young lady was, and you know it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.