Esteemed Contributor

Re: Man Arrested in SC College Student Death/Uber 'Mistake'

It is a sad and unfortunate tragedy that should never have happened. She was probably at one of the downtown bars where the college kids hang out and this guy was sitting there watching. 

My heart breaks for that family.

Honored Contributor

There should be a way for people to know, i feel for her ,and family.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@songbird - Yes, there was a female in the car when they stopped his car. They don't believe she is involved and is cooperating with police.

She was in a car that had blood from him killing the girl.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm still confused about this, every time I've taken an Uber, the driver not only confirms I'm the right passenger but I get a text confirming the vehicle.

@SydneyH  My guess is when you take an Uber you aren't drunk out of your mind.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest - I think you misunderstood my note - The girl police have been talking to that was in the car when police stopped it has been cooperating with police - they don't believe she was part of a team with the guy.

Yes, I'm sure the car was a mess, but if it was dark when she was in it, she may not have seen what was there.

I'm not defending anyone/anything, just what my local news has said.

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm still confused about this, every time I've taken an Uber, the driver not only confirms I'm the right passenger but I get a text confirming the vehicle.

@SydneyH  My guess is when you take an Uber you aren't drunk out of your mind.

We have no way of knowing for a 100% absolute fact that she was "drunk out of her mind".

Have they realeased her B.A.L.? (Blood Alcohol Level)

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@esmerelda, SHAME ON YOU, so judgemental !!!

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Who said Samantha was drunk?  Just because she was leaving a bar does not mean she was so intoxicated that she couldn't figure out that this was not Uber.

If she called Uber, then why are her friends being bashed for letting her get a responsible ride, drunk or not.

Sounds as though some think a young woman out with friends shouldn't have a drink and that her friends should have all made sure that this was truly Uber.

Who is to say the friends were all more sober and therefore more responsible for what happened?

This lovely young woman made a fatal mistake.  Nobody is to blame except for the man who murdered her.

Nobody.

THANK YOU @Cakers3 . A friend of mine knows and grieves with this family, and I grieve with them too. I have not read ANY REPORT yet that refers to her personal condition when she was kidnapped, and I think ANY REFERENCES to speculation about her add to the horror of her loss.

Those of us who have or had children who made less than perfect choices when they were younger and emerged as temperate, contributing adults should a prayer for hr and her family, and conclude it with my often thought “There but for the Grace of God.......”

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I wonder if he has done this before? I am glad they got him. The poor girl ,but for the grace of God ,it could have been any of us. It sounds like he had murder on his mind that night and she just made a mistake that cost her , her life

God rest her soul. She might have been just dog tired, and drinking had nothing to do with it, it was the wee hrs

@cherry - True. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@violann   I almost never ever drink any alcohol, including wine and beer. It wouldn't take more than a stiff drink, to knock me on my butt, I am sure

I don't understand the need to impugn this poor girls reputation by making ugly speculations about her.  She could have been ill, had a banging headache, started her period, and had bad cramps, any number of things might have happened to her,  that might affect her judgement ,and none of them justify slandering her reputation.