Honored Contributor

Re: Man Arrested in Mollie Tibbetts Murder

[ Edited ]

Wish you didn't assume that I don't care, @KingstonsMom - I think you know I'm not that type of person.  I did see your OP, then saw some updated additional info online to post.

Appreciate you trying and contributing on all forums, and don't think this thread will disappear if everyone keeps chill.

Sorry if I offended you; cuddles to your avatar.

Esteemed Contributor

Why would a person "panic" if they were simply told to 'leave me alone or I will call the police'.  A reasonable person would just back off.  That is unless he had something to hide or had sinister intent.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I hope this sick demented creep rots in jail!!  Mollie was a beautiful young woman with a bright future .My heart  ❤️ goes out to her family.I can’t imagine their pain.

In our jail - after we pay for the trial, we can then pay for his incarceration.  But could we deport him - oh noooooooo.  That would be hateful - or something.

Also love how the press is now fixated on his "blackout."  

The Colorado man that killed his wife and 2 children in your jail also.

I think this is off topic, but just out of curiosity, what does that have to do with my comment?

Are you saying the Colorado man wasn't a citizen either?  Or that - again - since citizens also commit crimes, we should have absolutely no problem with allowing people to come and lvie here illegally and commit crimes also?  Because after all people have to commit crimes somewhere - might as well be here?  What?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

Mollie was supposedly Facebook (or other) friends with Rivera's girlfriend/ /mother of his child.  

(updated from the DailyMailUK  8/22/18...)

Prominent Iowa family which owns farm where Mollie Tibbetts' alleged killer worked say he PASSED government's migrant background check.

Dane Lang, co-owner of Yarrabee Farms along with Eric Lang, confirmed that Rivera had worked there for four years and was an employee 'of good standing.'

Dane's brother is Craig Lang, former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and the Iowa Board of Regents, and a 2018 candidate for state Secretary of Agriculture. 

"He was vetted through the government's E-Verify system."

The E-Verify site allows employers to establish the eligibility of employees, both US or foreign, by comparing a worker's Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 with data held by the government.

The employee is eligible to work in the US if the data matches. If it doesn't, the worker has only eight federal government work days to resolve the issue.  

Despite the Lang family using the system, police say Rivera had been in the US illegally for between four and seven years.

It’s understood the company hires around 15 migrant workers, most of whom are believed to be Mexican. 

Rivera is believed to have lived with a number of other migrant workers on a secluded farmhouse in Brooklyn owned by their employer.  

Workers associated with the farm told DailyMail.com that they barely knew Rivera, but confirmed that he lived there with a girlfriend named Iris Monarrez and their baby.

Another aspect of identity theft that most don't realize.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Mollie was supposedly Facebook (or other) friends with Rivera's girlfriend/ /mother of his child.  

Prominent Iowa family which owns farm where Mollie Tibbetts' alleged killer worked say he PASSED government's migrant background check.

Dane Lang, co-owner of Yarrabee Farms along with Eric Lang, confirmed that Rivera had worked there for four years and was an employee 'of good standing.'

Dane's brother is Craig Lang, former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and the Iowa Board of Regents, and a 2018 candidate for state Secretary of Agriculture. 

The E-Verify site allows employers to establish the eligibility of employees, both US or foreign, by comparing a worker's Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 with data held by the government.

The employee is eligible to work in the US if the data matches. If it doesn't, the worker has only eight federal government work days to resolve the issue.  

Despite the Lang family using the system, police say Rivera had been in the US illegally for between four and seven years.

It’s understood the company hires around 15 migrant workers, most of whom are believed to be Mexican. 

Rivera is believed to have lived with a number of other migrant workers on a secluded farmhouse in Brooklyn owned by their employer.  

Workers associated with the farm told DailyMail.com that they barely knew Rivera, but confirmed that he lived there with a girlfriend named Iris Monarrez and their baby.

Another aspect of identy theft that most don't realize.

Absolutely.  People who are here illegally - and working - if not under the table - have to steal identity to get a job.  

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Another aspect of identy theft that most don't realize.

Not necessarily. He could have  entered the country legally and overstayed. He may have had a green card and would pass e-verify.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I hope this sick demented creep rots in jail!!  Mollie was a beautiful young woman with a bright future .My heart  ❤️ goes out to her family.I can’t imagine their pain.

In our jail - after we pay for the trial, we can then pay for his incarceration.  But could we deport him - oh noooooooo.  That would be hateful - or something.

Also love how the press has now fixated on his "blackout."  

Well too bad we cant deport the husband who killed his wife, unborn baby and two daughters.  Oh wait he is from here.

I already specifically responded to that.  So again, since citizens commit crimes, we should import criminals too?  Or are you suggesting there is something about the U.S. in general that just makes people commit murder?  What?

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Well too bad we cant deport the husband who killed his wife, unborn baby and two daughters.  Oh wait he is from here.

I already specifically responded to that.  So again, since citizens commit crimes, we should import criminals too?  Or are you suggesting there is something about the U.S. in general that just makes people commit murder?  What?

The point is the vast majority of murders are perpetrated by home grown criminals. The undocumented angle is being played to further the hate agenda toward immigrants.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

No politics pls. Mollie’s aunt said it best today: “Evil comes in ALL colors.”