Respected Contributor

Re: Man Arrested in Mollie Tibbetts Murder

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I hope this sick demented creep rots in jail!!  Mollie was a beautiful young woman with a bright future .My heart  ❤️ goes out to her family.I can’t imagine their pain.

In our jail - after we pay for the trial, we can then pay for his incarceration.  But could we deport him - oh noooooooo.  That would be hateful - or something.

Also love how the press has now fixated on his "blackout."  

I'll catch heat for saying it...but hes not a citizen, he deserves no trial. You come here and murder someone... Throw his carcass over the border.

Valued Contributor

He should have NEVER been allowed to be here in the first place and then this tragedy would not have happened to this beautiful girl. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Any murder is terrible. I sincerely hope that it isn’t politicized. Mollie deserves better.

Hello - it's because of the politicizaion that she was murdered int he first place.

If we had enforced our laws, he wouldn't have been here.

So now are you going to seriously tell me that "someone else would surely have murdered her instead" if it hadn't been him.

@Isobel Archer, @physicsnut, @nun ya

I deliberately edited the article and left no link in the hopes that this thread doesn't turn political, causing it to be deleted.

Your fellow posters may be interested to read just these facts and can google if they want more information, if they choose to do so.

Please don't get it taken down.Heart 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mollie was supposedly Facebook (or other) friends with Rivera's girlfriend/ /mother of his child.  

(updated from the DailyMailUK  8/22/18...)

Prominent Iowa family which owns farm where Mollie Tibbetts' alleged killer worked say he PASSED government's migrant background check.

Dane Lang, co-owner of Yarrabee Farms along with Eric Lang, confirmed that Rivera had worked there for four years and was an employee 'of good standing.'

Dane's brother is Craig Lang, former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and the Iowa Board of Regents, and a 2018 candidate for state Secretary of Agriculture. 

"He was vetted through the government's E-Verify system."

The E-Verify site allows employers to establish the eligibility of employees, both US or foreign, by comparing a worker's Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 with data held by the government.

The employee is eligible to work in the US if the data matches. If it doesn't, the worker has only eight federal government work days to resolve the issue.  

Despite the Lang family using the system, police say Rivera had been in the US illegally for between four and seven years.

It’s understood the company hires around 15 migrant workers, most of whom are believed to be Mexican. 

Rivera is believed to have lived with a number of other migrant workers on a secluded farmhouse in Brooklyn owned by their employer.  

Workers associated with the farm told DailyMail.com that they barely knew Rivera, but confirmed that he lived there with a girlfriend named Iris Monarrez and their baby.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy

Thanks a lot. I guess you missed the post right above yours or just don't care.

Oh well, I tried.

RIP Mollie (and this thread).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Can we not focus on the fact this young girl was murdered,  not on people being legal, it happens each day in our country over and over , with our own citizens by our own citizens.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Blacked out?  Like went into a complete rage?  Is that what they mean?  I don't understand and don't really buy the blacked out story.

RIP Mollie.  Like someone said above, I too thought she would be found alive. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Can we not focus on the fact this young girl was murdered,  not on people being legal, it happens each day in our country over and over , with our own citizens by our own citizens.

So what's one more. Is that what you're saying?

I hope this farm owner is investigated instead of just accepting his word since he's "prominent".

Esteemed Contributor

Of course posters want to comment on the circumstances surrounding her horrible and untimely death.  That's perfectly reasonable and understandable.