Honored Contributor

Re: Man, 87, Searches for Job to Pay for Wife's Medical Bills:

@Kay Vee wrote:

Yikes there can't be a trucking company out there that would hire an 87 year old.  Would the company's insurance even allow it?

My brother works for a trucking company. And you are so right, no company would hire him. The companies have so many devises and rules in place because of liability insurance. There is a camera on the truck driver as he is driving. The driver can be monitored at any time. They count how many times the truck driver blinks his eyes etc. 

My brother has traveled over 3 million miles. He never had an accident. Yet, he has to get physicals twice a year with his Doctors and the trucking company Doctors.

There is no way any trucking company would consider hiring someone that is 87 years old. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Man, 87, Searches for Job to Pay for Wife's Medical Bills:

@dex wrote:

@OKPrincess@If you have been retired for many years inflation alone can eat away at your savings... never mind that interest is really low.Add in some unexpected medical costs like say cancer,heart disease or dementia.alzheimers and boom.

We retired at 62 in Feb 2016 so we haven’t been faced with any of things yet and that’s a big yet. Having gone from health paid for all my life to now Medicare, what an eye opener.