Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mammogram advisory and Moderna vaccine

Oh gosh, thank you for the info. I just got my first Moderna shot today. I am past due on my lady exams, and was going to schedule them soon. So I guess I will wait a bit longer.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for this info!! My mammogram is scheduled for Thursday and it's just been 2 weeks since my second Modena. I'll call in the morning to reschedule. I can't feel enlarged lymph nodes but I felt like I'd been hit by a truck after my shot and took 3 days to recover. Can you tell if you have enlarged lymph nodes? Anyway, I'm not taking any chances. Thank you again. 

Respected Contributor

Interesting to note, when making mammogram appointment a month ago, they asked all the usual questions (exposure to COVID, symptoms,? Etc but NO ASKING about SHOT!  

I had heard the warning about scheduling and asked and she then agreed with what I said.  I have to assume if they don't ask, get false readings, then they can charge for another exam.  Just plain tricky on hospitals part!!

Honored Contributor

Wow, that could be scary.  I've never had a mammogram but it's interesting how these things can all be so connected.   

I was trying to remember the questions I had to check 'yes or no' before my first shot earlier this month, but I don't think there was anything in there about that for me either.  

Honored Contributor

I had posted this here a while back, and please know it is not just for Moderna, for but for all the vaccines. It is advised to wait a month after last shot to get a mamm. 

Respected Contributor

I was told to wait 6 weeks for a mammogram after they administered my second shot. If I try to schedule on online through my doctor, the system asks the date of my last vaccine and doesn't allow me to schedule one if I have had one recently.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I called to make my mammogram appt yesterday and said I wanted to get it done before my vaccine because I had heard about the lymph node thing and she said it didn't matter.

I didn't press her on it because I do not want to have to go through the hassle of a call back to eliminate other issues.

It's easier to just have the mammogram first.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN