Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,625
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

That's not the worst to come out of Mally's mouth.  Many years ago, she said something along the lines of "You'll be a M.I.L.F."  Not being up on the latest slang, I had to look it up.  Call me a prude, but I was shocked.  


M.I.L.F - my goal in life and I'd take it as a compliment LOL!  Seriously, we can all find something to be offended about. Do you want to drain your energy being offended? Not me. I'd rather laugh and move on. 


Sorry your aspirations are so low, @Starliteshine. I never said I was offended, I said I was shocked.  Talk to anyone who knows me and you would soon find out that I enjoy laughing, have a good sense of humor, and am quick with one liners.  Some things in life aren't worth the effort of getting bent out of shape over, but vulgarities, IMO, are the lowest common denominator for uneducated, or undereducated, people who don't have the vocabulary to properly and effectively express themselves. 

Mally and her circle might commonly talk that way among themselves.  On national TV, it was tasteless, crude, and out of line. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,072
Registered: ‎02-27-2012

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

[ Edited ]

@trcthopper wrote:

Jane Treacy is the host of the show. Mally and Jane together?? No thanks. I'll pass.

 

 


 

Oh MAN!  Seriously????

 

thank you for the info @trcthopper 

 

Due to that fact, I certainly will NOT be watching...and I still use a LOT of Mally cosmetics.  My entire face today in fact!    LOL

 

 

And as to the 'Bulletproof' adjective another poster mentioned.....Mally has been on QVC since 2005 and has ALWAYS used that word to described her products....LONG before this country lost their minds with the violence.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,214
Registered: ‎02-14-2017

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC


@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

That's not the worst to come out of Mally's mouth.  Many years ago, she said something along the lines of "You'll be a M.I.L.F."  Not being up on the latest slang, I had to look it up.  Call me a prude, but I was shocked.  


M.I.L.F - my goal in life and I'd take it as a compliment LOL!  Seriously, we can all find something to be offended about. Do you want to drain your energy being offended? Not me. I'd rather laugh and move on. 


Sorry your aspirations are so low, @Starliteshine. I never said I was offended, I said I was shocked.  Talk to anyone who knows me and you would soon find out that I enjoy laughing, have a good sense off humor, and am quick with one liners.  Some things in life aren't worth the effort of getting bent out of shape over, but vulgarities, IMO, are the lowest common denominator for uneducated, or undereducated, people who don't have the vocabulary to properly and effectively express themselves. 

Mally and her circle might commonly talk that way among themselves.  On national TV, it was tasteless, crude, and out of line. 


I'm (almost) Mally's age.   My friends circle and I talk that way all the time.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,922
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC


@trcthopper wrote:

Jane Treacy is the host of the show. Mally and Jane together?? No thanks. I'll pass.

 

 


Thanks for the info —I'll have to tune in!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,717
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

I tend to be pretty tightly wound when it comes to crude stuff but Mally's intro was funny and I wasn't offended in the least.

 

Then again she has always reminded me of my son's best friend since Junior High and I love her like a daughter. Funny, warm and beautiful Mally may get me to tune in after years of not watching QVC.😄

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,559
Registered: ‎07-20-2017

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

I watched the Mally clip and it certainly doesn't do anything to make me want to watch the show. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,835
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife  There are many words we do not use today that we used in years past  because they are now offensive. Mally calling   the  line bullletproof TODAY seems wrong. Mally  could find a  better description than that  I think.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 674
Registered: ‎12-12-2010

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

I'm not wasting my time reading these comments.  People will find any little thing to be 'offended' by these days.  What happened to humor?  Lighten up!  Does it effect your life in any way?  I doubt it.  Don't like it?  Don't listen to it.  Life is way too short to worry this much about something so ridiculous and something that does not effect your life at all!

Mally is a very upbeat person.  Some of you should try it.

Go ahead now and complain about my post.  I'll just sit back and laugh.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,835
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC


@snipsnapsnur wrote:

I'm not wasting my time reading these comments.  People will find any little thing to be 'offended' by these days.  What happened to humor?  Lighten up!  Does it effect your life in any way?  I doubt it.  Don't like it?  Don't listen to it.  Life is way too short to worry this much about something so ridiculous and something that does not effect your life at all!

Mally is a very upbeat person.  Some of you should try it.

Go ahead now and complain about my post.  I'll just sit back and laugh.


@snipsnapsnur   How do you know what does or does not affect others lives? You can be upbeat and at the same time also be insensitive to others. There is a fine line.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 686
Registered: ‎10-12-2014

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC


@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

That's not the worst to come out of Mally's mouth.  Many years ago, she said something along the lines of "You'll be a M.I.L.F."  Not being up on the latest slang, I had to look it up.  Call me a prude, but I was shocked.  


M.I.L.F - my goal in life and I'd take it as a compliment LOL!  Seriously, we can all find something to be offended about. Do you want to drain your energy being offended? Not me. I'd rather laugh and move on. 


Sorry your aspirations are so low, @Starliteshine. I never said I was offended, I said I was shocked.  Talk to anyone who knows me and you would soon find out that I enjoy laughing, have a good sense of humor, and am quick with one liners.  Some things in life aren't worth the effort of getting bent out of shape over, but vulgarities, IMO, are the lowest common denominator for uneducated, or undereducated, people who don't have the vocabulary to properly and effectively express themselves. 

Mally and her circle might commonly talk that way among themselves.  On national TV, it was tasteless, crude, and out of line. 


Thanks for the laugh @JeanLouiseFinch