Honored Contributor

Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

[ Edited ]

I hope the moderators do not "move " this topic, my post ,as I think QVC needs to rethink their selling strategy aimed at women over 50.  I am over 50, and I took offense to this selling strategy by Mally and QVC.

I found it offensive in  Mally's commercial  where  she called out women over 50 as:

"peeing in their pants".

It is not funny comment or a funny joke....it is a medical condition and It is a put down to women and aging. No different than making fun of men and their performance after 50...  what Mally said was just in bad taste. 

QVC needs to bring Woman UP....not bring them down by making such an aging put down comment.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

Interesting how everyone perceives information differently. I thought she was witty and I was glad she is going to bring some cosmetics directed to "mature" women- Remember Lauren Hutton's Face Disc? I liked it!  
But I do see your point, that one comment is rather off-putting... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Interesting how everyone perceives information differently. I thought she was witty and I was glad she is going to bring some cosmetics directed to "mature" women- Remember Lauren Hutton's Face Disc? I liked it!  
But I do see your point, that one comment is rather off-putting... 

@Skyegirl21 I am not against  Mally selling cosmetics at all, just did not think that her joking about this subject as necessary to sell cosmetics aimed at the over 50 crowd. That is all.

Honored Contributor

That comment was inappropriate.  The Q can't control every word that comes out of a vendor's mouth but, most likely, she heard about it.

Honored Contributor

I just watched the promo for the show. I didn't like the part where Mally says don't know ***** and she is beeped out. That, even though beeped on purpose, was just not in good taste for any shopping show. 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

That comment was inappropriate.  The Q can't control every word that comes out of a vendor's mouth but, most likely, she heard about it.

@phoenixbrd @It's Q's promotional video to promote their own show. They can definitely control what is in the video. It is not a live promo. It's taped. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Thanks for sharing that information, I didn't know that.  In that case, someone wasn't doing their job.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for it either. It's silly. And, of course, it will be shown over and over and over. Just seeing it one time has already biased me NOT to tune in and watch this new show. Woman Frustrated Basically on QVC I don't want to hear about anyone's pee. Period! 

Contributor

I took no offense to it personally.  She said something to the effect of "maybe you pee a little bit when you laugh", she didn't imply that we are all walking around needing diapers IMO.  

Respected Contributor

Wow, what a mean comment. Reflects her attitude towards older women.