Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

I'm not wasting my time reading these comments.  People will find any little thing to be 'offended' by these days.  What happened to humor?  Lighten up!  Does it effect your life in any way?  I doubt it.  Don't like it?  Don't listen to it.  Life is way too short to worry this much about something so ridiculous and something that does not effect your life at all!

Mally is a very upbeat person.  Some of you should try it.

Go ahead now and complain about my post.  I'll just sit back and laugh.

How do you know what everyone said if you didn’t read the comments? @snipsnapsnur 

Honored Contributor

Don't care for her or Jennifer Coffey. Like a calm presenter like Jayne Brown. No chatter box like JT either. All these people must drink a lot of coffee and eat lots of chocolate.

Remind me of bunch of young girls excited over a boy or something. giggle, giggle............

Regular Contributor

I've heard worse on the Q.

Don't know if it made it's way into the Community Chat as a post or not...if so forgive me.

A few weeks ago I was watching the Argan oil gal ( Josie? ) present one of her products, and in between the constant slathering product on her arms she suggested that her product could be used an 'intimate setting', possibly as a lubricant.

As soon as it was out of her mouth, she looked embarrassed, realizing what she said.

I cringed. Then laughed imagining the fall out...bet she got a good talking to by the powers that be.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was funny, as someone who has "that issue" sometimes when I laugh or sneeze,  cough, you name it. I would rather someone acknowledge it and make it light than clutch pearls and say "how dare she!" She knows people have these conditions, but really life cannot be serious all the time. This IS home shopping after all.  Just mute the promo and as they say, don't watch the show...since JT is hosting many people won't anyways that post on these boards.  And so far as her being beeped, there are plenty of not so nice words on network TV every night, daytime soaps, reality tv, Housewives of This City, and all that. Not a bother to me, there are so many truly sad and upsetting things in our world every day, this promo is not one of them.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

That comment was inappropriate.  The Q can't control every word that comes out of a vendor's mouth but, most likely, she heard about it.

they can't control it, but they don't need to use it in the ad. That is their doing.

Honored Contributor

She clearly craves attention. 

Valued Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

I'm not wasting my time reading these comments.  People will find any little thing to be 'offended' by these days.  What happened to humor?  Lighten up!  Does it effect your life in any way?  I doubt it.  Don't like it?  Don't listen to it.  Life is way too short to worry this much about something so ridiculous and something that does not effect your life at all!

Mally is a very upbeat person.  Some of you should try it.

Go ahead now and complain about my post.  I'll just sit back and laugh.

How do you know what everyone said if you didn’t read the comments? @snipsnapsnur 

Duh.  All I had to do was read the OP.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think you have to be a mental giant to realize you don’t win over older women to watch your show by insulting them.

Some in society already do a good job at that.  The purpose of a show directed at older women should be to lift them up.

Of course, this host is loud and silly, so I never watch anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden. I totally agree with you about this ad.  Several parts are inappropriate.   Women who suffer from bladder issues certainly don't find "jokes" amusing.  The way the moderators patrol these boards and remove comments on a daily basis sure doesn't line up with an offensive ad on air.

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

She clearly craves attention. 

Just like Josie does.