Occasional Contributor

Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

I wish people would stop trying to make cussing acceptable in all situations. There is a time and a place for it.  I saw a post online not long ago where someone said that people should "get over it" and that cussing is just a regular part of speech now and "younger people" know it is perfectly fine to use anywhere and is even used at work in most companies. 😲 I hope the person is incredibly naive. I can't imagine this is tolerated in the majority of companies.

I'm 53 and when I was a kid, my brother and I weren't allowed to cuss AT ALL in front of my parents.  As we got older, my mom explained that if we cussed at home, then it would become part of our regular speech and she wanted to make sure we were capable of speaking without it.  Don't get me wrong, I use cuss words for effect in the appropriate company.  But I also don't think it's proper in all situations.  I want to be treated like a lady, so I act like one.  Some younger women might find that they don't have to fight for respect so much if they conducted themselves with more of it. 

I'll get off my soap box now... 😊

Respected Contributor

I wasn't offended at all.  I think she's just trying to say we all have some issues at our age and she is aware of those issues and is there herself.  It seems everything offends someone now.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

About what I would expect from that loudmouth.....

Contributor

Jane Treacy is the host of the show. Mally and Jane together?? No thanks. I'll pass.

Esteemed Contributor

Mally may have great products, but I will not buy any because of offensive things she has said in the past.  This is yet another example.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

After a certain age a little pee can happen when laughing & sneezing...it's not insulting, it's the truth.

Respected Contributor

trying way too hard

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I agree with SeaMaiden and the other posters who find this comment offensive. It's demeaning to all of us older women, defining us in this way. I don't care for Mally at any time, but this is inappropriate.

Trusted Contributor

Not offended over the comment, however, I think it's in bad taste.
Respected Contributor

@Steffdoggy10   I agree.  Unless she's selling adult diapers or pads, no need to mention.