Re: Mally commercial/ infomercial spot on QVC

[ Edited ]

It didn't bother me at all.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Interesting how everyone perceives information differently. I thought she was witty and I was glad she is going to bring some cosmetics directed to "mature" women- Remember Lauren Hutton's Face Disc? I liked it!  
But I do see your point, that one comment is rather off-putting... 

@Skyegirl21 I am not against  Mally selling cosmetics at all, just did not think that her joking about this subject as necessary to sell cosmetics aimed at the over 50 crowd. That is all.

@SeaMaiden @The products are the same ole, same ole. Some  are shown as a preview. So far, nothing new: Dearforms slippers, Vionics, Argan Oil, some Mally cosmetics, Nuface, Sunday Riley, Women With Control, Spenco, Beekman, Breezies, some wines. I hope they have more than what they have already shown in this preview. 

Personally, I like Mally and I like the idea of marketing that embraces women over 50. In general, advertisers have left us out of the loop in spite of the tremendous buying power of this demographic. 

I think QVC will make the effort to keep Mally from going too far, though it will be live and could get out of hand. 

Honored Contributor

Way over 50 and have no desire to hear anything from Mally.  My feeling has little to do with her products because I buy so little makeup from anyone, and while her approach may work well on different skin, I can't remember ever seeing/hearing any suggestion I could use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's not the worst to come out of Mally's mouth.  Many years ago, she said something along the lines of "You'll be a M.I.L.F."  Not being up on the latest slang, I had to look it up.  Call me a prude, but I was shocked.  

Regular Contributor

Can't watch Mally and her yelling all the time.

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

That comment was inappropriate.  The Q can't control every word that comes out of a vendor's mouth but, most likely, she heard about it.

@phoenixbrd    I hope so.. silly and inappropriate selling tactic....

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Wow, what a mean comment. Reflects her attitude towards older women. 

@Another new name Sue 

She is over 50 herself.

Respected Contributor

It's very light hearted humor.  Extremely funny.  I enjoyed it and laughed heartily!

Go Mally!

Respected Contributor

I didn't think it was a big deal, but I have a lot going on and don't have time to look for reasons to be outraged.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the spot but must have tuned her out. She is just gross IMO.  I used to like some of her products - years ago - her mascara, eye shadow, blush.  I even found the "bullet-proof" line offensive in light of so many shootings.  She tries a little too hard to be young and hip.  And like someone else said I just can't take the yelling. Not for me anymore.