Trusted Contributor

Re: Malden Mills vs. Berkshire fleece sheets?

I have both, and love both, but the Berkshire velvet soft that I have is definitely warmer. They definitely breath, to keep you warm and cool if that makes sense. I went back to regular cotton sheets last spring and woke up so uncomfortably hot I was sweating, because those didn't breath like I was used to with the Malden mills and Berkshire. Either one is a winner.
Honored Contributor

I have both brands.  They are soft, cozy and warm...too warm IMO.  I don’t think they breath at all. My DH was so uncomfortable that I had to get up in the middle of the night and change the sheets. He really hates them. The pillowcases are especially hot.  I have to sleep with a cold pillow.

I occasionally use the top sheet as a light blanket during the summer months.  I have several Berkshire blankets that I purchased at Macy’s years ago.  I love them.  I use 100% cotton sheets with the Berkshire blanket over them.

If you like microfiber sheets, you will probably like fleece sheets too. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are both the same company.......

I bought the  Fair Isle print, Berkshire blanket  and the exact matching Fair Isle print, Malden Mills sheet set on totally different days.

Both are exactly the same print and color. My Malden Mills sheet set has a Berkshire tag on  both  the pillow cases and the sheets

BTW ,I love,love,love them !!!

Trusted Contributor

We have the Berkshire sheets that were a special on QVC2 a few weeks back.  I was afraid they would be too hot for us, but that has not been a problem.  I did see piling on the fitted sheet when I striped the bed.  Will check that again, the next time we use them.

I'm looking to buy more for the other beds in our home.  The sizing for our King was great.  Will be getting some for queen beds, hoping they fit nicely.

Overall, very pleased with the sheets.  Like them better than the NN flannels we have had on our beds for many years.

The prices are better than NN as well.

Valued Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:
I'm looking at two different sets of Malden Mills in king size. I like the fact that they come with four pillowcases instead of just two like the Berkshire. I noticed the fitted and flat sheets differ in size between these sets. I'm wondering why that would be considering they are both made by Malden Mills.                                                                                                                                                                                                I have 2 older sets--full and king--and 2 of the newer ones that were TSVs.  The older sets said Malden Mills by Bershire.  They pilled horribly in 2 spots and I  just donated them.  The new sets aren't pilling, but as with the older sets, the king size fitted sheet is much smaller than what I need.  The flat is generous.  My king mattress is probably only 15" deep..I have no size issues with the full size ones.
Esteemed Contributor

We just got a new mattress set about a week ago and I bought new sheets from Bed, Bath & Beyond....They are the Berkshire VelvetLoft Sheets....I am highlighting the name because they all are not the same...The ones sold on QVC are Berkshire Velvet Soft....so it may be a line sold exclusively to QVC.

Between our new mattress set and the Berkshire VelvetLoft Sheets, my husband and I feel like we are crawling into a cloud....so soft and luxurious...It's sinful!...lol...I washed mine a couple of times, as I also do a wash test with all new things and they came out beautifully....no shedding whatsoever...always various reviews on everything, so you have to try for yourself.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Are there any brands similar to Vellux blankets?  Similar fabric, etc.  Lightweight, velvetty, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).