Valued Contributor

Re: Malaysia Airlines plane missing

On 3/8/2014 SydneyH said:
On 3/8/2014 Ford1224 said:

Wouldn't it have been seen by someone? Even in the middle of the night, there are always people around. I can't believe there are absolutely no witnesses to this event.

Does anyone know how far out to sea this occurred?

Last contact with the aircraft I believe was approximately 150 miles from the coast, definitely too far for land based witnesses. I don't know if there were any other ships or boats in that area. As for the passports used for boarding, I'm not sure if they were forged and altered, but my understanding is that the originals, with the correct passenger information were reported stolen or missing.

I think a missile would have been seen on someone's radar. Another plane or a boat etc.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 AnikaBrodie said:

I have a sinking feeling that the two stolen passports will figure into this story. This is so sad, two long oil slicks found but no wreckage seen. Where is that airplane?

One of the news stories mentioned a possibility that the pilot may have committed suicide but if so wouldn't the co-pilot take over the plane?

This is a real mystery. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of all on board.

Suicide by pilot, though rare was brought up in another mysterious crash, Egyptian I think....

Super Contributor

The two stolen passports were European.

One Italian, stolen last August.

The other was Austrian, stolen two years ago.

Both were stolen in Thailand.

Honored Contributor

This is so sad and twisted. I feel for the families and hope that they can get answers. I wish they would stop throwing out possibilities and can find the truth.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

This horrible incident happened too close to the tragedy in the China railway station and I'm just speculating about the timing.

Valued Contributor

Even if the stolen passport people were terrorists, how would they get explosives on the plane. I think they lock the cockpit door so they couldn't have rushed the pilots. Strange. I am anxious to hear the outcome of this.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2014 TaxyLady said:

Even if the stolen passport people were terrorists, how would they get explosives on the plane. I think they lock the cockpit door so they couldn't have rushed the pilots. Strange. I am anxious to hear the outcome of this.

Some one else could have put them there..ground crew, cleaning crew, etc.

If the Austrian passport was stolen two years ago - the Italian passport gets stolen in August - someone else get's a job with the airport or airline - something gets planted on the plane - the stolen passport holder is trained in putting 'two and two together' with the other stolen passport holder - voila.

ALL speculation

(too much James Bond movie viewing)

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 Yuban3 said:
On 3/8/2014 Sushismom said:

While I don't automatically think "terrorism" when something like this happens, it is one possible cause. As is pilot error and mechanical failure. And while it's also quite rare for two stolen passports to be used on one flight, again, there are reasons other than terrorism as explanations. I'll just wait to make up my mind until information has been substantiated.

Planes do just disappear. The main one that comes to mind is the Air France one that happened several years ago. Turns out both mechanical failure and pilot error were to blame.

If it were mechanical, what are the odds that ALL of the systems would shut down simultaneously? Wouldn't there be time to send out a mayday?

I'm just throwing out questions.

The former head of the FAA was interviewed on TV and she said that planes now have automatic "maydays" - info is constantly being sent via the planes computers to the mainland...so it would have to have been a sudden, catastrophic event.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2014 mgm2 said:
On 3/8/2014 TaxyLady said:

Some one else could have put them there..ground crew, cleaning crew, etc.

If the Austrian passport was stolen two years ago - the Italian passport gets stolen in August - someone else get's a job with the airport or airline - something gets planted on the plane - the stolen passport holder is trained in putting 'two and two together' with the other stolen passport holder - voila.

ALL speculation

(too much James Bond movie viewing)

Speculation or not, this is how horrible things like this can happen. I sure hope they some answers, and SOON!

Esteemed Contributor

It's 10:04 there and hopefully they will find something.