Respected Contributor

Re: Malaysia Airlines plane missing

Strange indeed!
Super Contributor

My heart goes out to the families of the passengers who were aboard the plane. It has to be agony not knowing what has happened to your loved one or why.

I'm just waiting for some crazy conspiracy nut to say that the plane was abducted by an UFO, and that's why they can't find it.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

How tragic
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 Yuban3 said:

My heart goes out to the families of the passengers who were aboard the plane. It has to be agony not knowing what has happened to your loved one or why.

I'm just waiting for some crazy conspiracy nut to say that the plane was abducted by an UFO, and that's why they can't find it.

I don't think it's fair to qualify all people who question events nuts, that being said there's a whole lot of strangeness revolving around this disappearance. My understanding is that oil slicks consistent with a crash have been located near the Vietnamese coast. Still no ping from the black box.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2014 SydneyH said:
On 3/8/2014 Yuban3 said:

I don't think it's fair to qualify all people who question events nuts, that being said there's a whole lot of strangeness revolving around this disappearance. My understanding is that oil slicks consistent with a crash have been located near the Vietnamese coast. Still no ping from the black box.

I read that there were oil slicks as well. I too wonder about the disappearance - not like professional pilots to never mention any problems. Time may tell.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 Love Roses said:

I read that there were oil slicks as well. I too wonder about the disappearance - not like professional pilots to never mention any problems. Time may tell.

The absence of a SOS by the crew would indicate some type of event that escalated quickly.

Super Contributor

The Vietnamese Navy has picked up the plane's emergency locator signal about 153 miles out to sea. Very sad.

An interesting development is that an Italian national has come forward to say that he was not on the flight although his name appears on the manifest. His passport was stolen months ago somewhere in Asia. Raises the possibility of terrorism.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

The Vietnamese Navy has picked up the plane's emergency locator signal about 153 miles out to sea. Very sad.

So now there's a clue as to where to look for the plane. Sad. Like Sydney posted, something pretty drastic must have happened and happened quickly so that no sos could be hailed.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Awful. It's very sad.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

An interesting development is that an Italian national has come forward to say that he was not on the flight although his name appears on the manifest. His passport was stolen months ago somewhere in Asia. Raises the possibility of terrorism.

This is so sad.

We just listened to CBS & then CNN & they didn't say anything about the signal yet.

Can't find it on line either.Where did you hear it ?