Honored Contributor

Re: Makowsky-house-fun for free time

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like Bruce ought to be designing hotels.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I really enjoyed looking at the home/pictures.  Thanks for posting the link.  i really don't think it was necessary to post anything about B & K.  The home has a great view, love the candy wall.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kristy66 wrote:

Wow!  Every home needs a candy wall!

This home is a one of a kind. It is beautiful. The views from each room are something special.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spectacular views!

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Not my style, but totally awesome house.  I have some of her bags from years ago and they still look and work fine for me.  Have one of his and no problems with it either.  So what if they got rich.  We helped ... they succeeded.  That's the way it works people. Happy for them, sorry for you.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not care for the home, not very homey looking, but it is beautiful in it's own right.  Regardless of what anyone thinks of them, they did make their money and are free to spend it anyway they wish, they both had successful busnesses.  I do not know them personally, as i assume no one here does, so I do not get some of the "snarky" comments, but whatever.  I have had her bags and they held up fine, certianly NOT designer leather fine, (she DIDN"T do those kinds of bags and never claimed too)  For what they were, they were trendy bags.  Have a couple of his and I think quality wise they are average, overpriced for sure, but trendy, certainly not classic bags.  BUT good for them, success is what most strive for.  He has changed focus to electronics, seems where that is where the money is these days, smart man to switch career paths

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty home.  I enjoyed their handbags and the quality when they exclusively owned their products.  I mute most all of the sales hours of things I am interested in buying (not much lately).

Those folks who comment on something like a house with it's owners are just plain envious and jealous - that's all.  It shouldn't matter to anyone how they spend their money - they earned it. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Not my style, but totally awesome house.  I have some of her bags from years ago and they still look and work fine for me.  Have one of his and no problems with it either.  So what if they got rich.  We helped ... they succeeded.  That's the way it works people. Happy for them, sorry for you.

Not me. KVZ bags were JUNK, and BM's were heavy and OVERPRICED.

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@Preds wrote:

Not me. KVZ bags were JUNK, and BM's were heavy and OVERPRICED.

Every bag out there is overpriced.  It all depends on who or how you want to spend your money. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Regular Contributor

This looks more like a hotel than a home.