Honored Contributor

Re: Making a quick stop to say hi

I'm a gold lover too. I don't have much silver, but at these prices I need to be a bit more selective

I will try to show you a pix of the petite Ripka ring I bought...They say the diamonique and the emeralds are dainty but the color is good with lots of sparkle

I love your little Betsy McCall or Ginny doll avatar, so sweet

Judith Ripka Sterling Diamonique & Emerald Ring

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cherry,

So nice to see you back.  I remember you from the good old days.  Love that ring.  You did good!

Respected Contributor

cherry, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. It is so nice to see your name back on here. I hope you will be back here with everyone to stay. Hope that everything is going well for you.

Esteemed Contributor

hi cherry, it's wonderful seeing you here again. I've really missed you!

Please don't be a stranger. We may have a new board, but we still miss the old gang. 

I hope all is well with you xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cherry! So nice to see you again!!  Hope you stick around and enjoy the boards.

How is everything with you?  We are moving in September to an apartment, so we have our house for sale.  

Honored Contributor

Hi sfnative, thanks for the words about the ring. It will be here on Tues so I'll let you know what it looks like in person

Hi cater it is so nice to see you

Sunny my dear. You always make me smile..I'm sure others feel the same, hence all the hearts

Gloria, I'm glad you seem happy about the move..Changes keep us young. It's lovely to see you

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, cherry, The ring is beautiful--I hope it looks as good in person.  So beautifully wrought.  I have lots of favorite pieces at this point, but stil buy gold once in a while on QVC.  Their inventory is definitely improving.  The hammered San Marco bracelet I bought during the Jan Gold Rush is absolutely beautful, and to me it was worth the price, much below what a retail jeweler would have charged.  There are still good values.

My icon is a Madame Alexander doll, not the one I had as a child but identically dressed (except in blue---mine was wearing pink) and 18" in size.  I will be changing "Winnie" out with my small Ginny and Jill collection, too.

I didn't play with dolls after age 5 or so, because I had a new baby sister that I considered "mine", who replaced dolls.  So I never actually had a Jill doll, but this late 1950s/1960s rival of Barbie is imo the best-dressed of the hard-plastic teen dolls. For Jill people, who are fanatics, it's all about the clothes.

They could have costumed the female characters on "MadMen" using Jill's extensive wardrobe as a template.  Smiley Happy

ETA:  Jill was marketed as "Ginny's older sister."  I have her boyfriend, Jeff, too, but his clothes are not too remarkable.  I am still looking on ebay for his tuxedo, by far his most elaborate costume. 

Honored Contributor

Welcome Cherry, it's nice to meet you!  I have posted on this BB for about six or seven years, and don't remember posting with you.  Until recently I posted as "Ford1224," but I changed that along with the new BB changes. 

I hope you stick around!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Thanks lilac tree. I haven't been here in a long time. It got so mean, I was just fed up. I hope they can prevent some of this stuff with the new board

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cherry

It's DianaFran. How are you? Welcome back. You WOULD return just when the board is at its most confusing. We are all trying to make sense of it all.  New learning curve.  Hugs.

DF