Honored Contributor

For those who are familar with the Steven Avery case, his nephew Brendan Dassey was won a court order that could result in his release or a new trial.  I truly believe Dassey did not have proper legal counsel during his first trial.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2016/08/12/dassey-wins-ruling-teresa-halbach-murder/88632502/?csp...

Honored Contributor

Re: Making A Murderer ~ Update

Dassey was described as learning disabled or with some sort of developmental problem?  This is interesting, post more information as you find it.

Hope Avery is not thinking he's getting out any time soon.   It was a brutal crime

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Dassey was described as learning disabled or with some sort of developmental problem?  This is interesting, post more information as you find it.

Hope Avery is not thinking he's getting out any time soon.   It was a brutal crime

I'm on the fence about his involvement, however I do believe his last trial was fraught with corrupted evidence and testimony.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Guilty or not?  Yeah, I don't know either.  But also agree that the whole thing with Brendan was outrageously problematic.

He is 'developmentally disabled' of some sort.   It was said, in that series, that he, Steven, and other members of that family all have IQs in the area of 70.