Valued Contributor

Clearance price on AnyBody dress -- petite sizes are $5 more than regular sizes. 

That's all.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia @I guess petite sells better than regular in that dress.

Respected Contributor

@Maggie NoliaIt doesn't have to "make sense".  It's a piece of a business model.  If it works, the business model is on target.  If it doesn't work, the model will be changed or the business will find itself on the bankruptcy scrap heap.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Clearance price on AnyBody dress -- petite sizes are $5 more than regular sizes. 

That's all.

@Maggie Nolia   My guess is, that $5 discrepency is a mistake.  If it's the same dress, just in petite, it should be the same price (unless it's an "As Is" item, where the price would be less and not more). 

Perhaps the QVC Mods can clarify & confirm the price.

Valued Contributor

It was stated by the host on the show in addition to being on the product page.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a mistake too.

Honored Contributor

If it wasn't on clearance, I'd agree it doesn't make sense / is annoying.  But, since it's on clearance, anything goes.

Trusted Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

That's all.

Many times, companies will put certain sizes, colors,  on sale. 

When  I was in college and worked for a high end retail store, it was done, usually because of overstock, occasionally, because colors were being discontinued. 

It was a pain, because, invariably, we'd get customers wanting us to honor the sale price for non-sale items.