Honored Contributor

Make a Wish Foundation and Macy*s

Macy*s is donating $1 for every letter sent to Santa through their website, I think this is great I just "sent a letter to Santa"

Every Letter Counts

Spreading the spirit of the holiday season is 
rooted in giving back. Check out how letters to 
Santa have helped Macy's & Make-A-Wish® 
create transformative wish experiences for kids 
with critical illnesses.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Make a Wish Foundation and Macy*s

It is a good and generous program. In the main store on 34th Street in NYC, there is a giant “mailbox” for letters to Santa. Every letter placed in it results in a Macy’s donation to enable sick children’s wishes. It’s been around at Christmas for a very long time and yields many dollars for the charity. 

Honored Contributor

The Make A Wish foundation is absolutely amazing.  Not only do they give 100% to the sick children but teach the children to "embrace" their illnesses.

I know this first hand as a close friend of mine has a young son who was diagnosed at age 3 with a rare form of leukemia -- this little boy has a heart as big as the world.  He was granted his wish and it was wonderful. 

He collected over 1,000 letters from his classmates & teachers (& community) and delivered them to Macy's in NY during the MAW ceremony.

Although, he is ill it never stands in his way!  His family is amazing & Im blessed to know them!  They all bring a touch of light to everyday!!!

Honored Contributor

I have loved going to Macy's at NY since I was a young girl.  I always loved that store and still do.  It is wonderful  they are giving to the Make a Wish Foundation which is such a worthwhile cause.  I hope it is a huge success and many children are able to have their wishes granted.  Thank you Macy's, you are a quality store that has so much to offer and may you continue to provide excellence to all.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up about this, @I am still oxox, and to everyone else for the additional information.   I didn't know about Macy's participation in this, but now I'm off to read more about it and see if I can join in.   Thanks, again!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

If the prompt does not show on their home page, just type in Make a Wish on the search bar

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.