Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mailing schedule for new medicare cards

@novamc1 wrote:

@pietook

Check this link for the latest info about  the schedule for your state.

https://www.medicare.gov/NewCard/

------------------------

Thanks for the info....I guess they are running way behind.  Mine should have been mailed two months ago!!!

Honored Contributor

Every time I go to one of my Dr's they keep asking if I have received my new card!  Tired of hearing it as I go to one Dr every 3 weeks....same thing!

Anyway, I have a call in to the guy who handles my health insurance stuff to ask him if he knows anything about it.

I don't think it's anyone's fault that they seem to be sooooo freaking far behind, I think it's typical of the government.  I doubt if they have enough people to handle the demand.

The Boomers (of which I'm one (71)) are such a large group, I'm sure one day (as we all die off....humm???) it would/will get easier.

I live in Va so according to @Krimpette I should have recieved it already.  Perhaps they are going alphabetically, or I do receive my late husband's benefits so I don't know if that matters.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I don’t know the old from the new cards.

The old cards had your SS# on them.

============

When I received my Medicare card in my 65th year,  I received 2 of them.  When my "new" card arrived last week I only received one. icon_exclaim.gifSo I made copies to give to drs to keep if needed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

I am TN and still not received??? Maybe I should investigate!

@pietook  On the Medicare.gov website it says that TN's cards will be mailing soon.  That was as of August 2018, so they haven't been sent yet.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

We received ours when the chart said we would for our state.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Well that's interesting (the schedule) because I live in Va and I STILL have not received my new card!

I don't know if it matters (shouldn't) but I go by my late husband's SSN.

I'm sure (knowing how the gov't works it's probably been screwed up).

I know someone who's husband died about 5 months ago and she still hasn't heard from SSN just to GET an appointment with them.  Not to see them but just to try to get an appointment with them.

I'll give it a little longer then spend the day on the phone waiting to talk to someone.

@Annabellethecat66

I do too, and you’re right, it shouldn’t matter at all.  I’m in one of the “after June” states, and I received my new card several weeks ago.

Honored Contributor

If it helps anyone, we’re in Georgia and my husband received his new card last Thursday. He received an email several days prior to that that said the card would soon be on its way.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Talk about snail mail, we live in Ohio. This info indicates cards to folks in Ohio were sent out in June. We haven't seen our cards yet. I've seen this chart on their site, I've also called for info but it took so long to actually speak with someone, I found out nothing.

They also have a map on their site and it indicates totally different info. I'm not concerned about our cards, I suppose they'll get here when they get here.

Honored Contributor

I got mine long ago.

Honored Contributor

@vermintI have no idea what the groupings tell us, but I can tell you that here in New York which is in a group above the one with SC, some of us have gotten our cards already and some are still waiting.  I was in my doctor's office just last week and it was the first time anyone asked me if my new card had shown up -  they are finally seeing patients whose have.

They have millions of them to get done, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't seen DH's yet - there's time.