Honored Contributor

Mailing schedule for new medicare cards

For those who might be interested, from the Medicare website. The mailing schedule for the new cards:

The mailing schedule: 

• Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia: April-June 2018
  • Alaska, American Samoa, California, Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon: April-June 2018
  • Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wisconsin: After June 2018
  • Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont: After June 2018
  • Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina: After June 2018
  • Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming: After June 2018
  • Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Virgin Islands: After June 2018
Respected Contributor

Re: Mailing schedule for new medicare cards

@Krimpette Thanks for the info! We were wondering when DH's new card might arrive...but we live in SC and no sign of it yet. Wonder how long we should wait since it's now the end of August?

Honored Contributor

@vermint. I believe a poster in Florida just got hers recently, so I would guess yours will be soon. (My guess.)

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette Thanks, I hope so!

Honored Contributor

You can go to MY MEDICARE and it will tell you if your card has been mailed yet or not.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

DH and I received cards (paper) a little while ago even though we aren’t Medicare eligible until October and November. I guess that’s what you are talking about since I don’t know the old from the new cards.

Honored Contributor

I don't turm 65 till Sept., but I received my card at least a month ago.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Well that's interesting (the schedule) because I live in Va and I STILL have not received my new card!

I don't know if it matters (shouldn't) but I go by my late husband's SSN.

I'm sure (knowing how the gov't works it's probably been screwed up).

I know someone who's husband died about 5 months ago and she still hasn't heard from SSN just to GET an appointment with them.  Not to see them but just to try to get an appointment with them.

I'll give it a little longer then spend the day on the phone waiting to talk to someone.

Super Contributor

I am TN and still not received??? Maybe I should investigate!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pietook

Check this link for the latest info about  the schedule for your state.

https://www.medicare.gov/NewCard/