Respected Contributor

Re: Mail Carrier Son Said............

That is a good reminder to leave some goodies in my mailbox for them tomorrow!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate all their hard work and long hours. However, I take issue with this: our company sold something on Amazon (3rd Party fulfilled). We shipped it on November 17. It still has not arrived. The customer contacted us, and per Amazon rules, we had to refund their money. I went to our local post office to see if they had any info. They told me the package was at the customer’s local post office in a huge bin with other mail. It will eventually get there. But we will have no way to collect from the customer.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

My husband works for UPS. All the shipping/delivery companies are in a hot mess. Covid, Christmas, weather, and just the continual increase in internet commerce is overwhelming a system that needs a complete overhaul.  All the players were not doing well before Covid and all the extra load that brought, so here is hoping they all get in line with the new reality in shipping soon. 

What is killing me is that I take care of my elderly mom's medication and bills and she did not get a number of her bills this month, and I had to spend time getting them paid by phone today. She has her medications shipped in three month supplies and three different medications are stuck somewhere in Ohio and should have been here weeks ago. So if I don't get them in the next week, I'm going to have to contact various doctors, get 30 day supplies called in to a local pharmacy for pickup and see if the mail order will ship out new three month supplies. 

It's just one big hot mess. I know those on the front lines are doing the best they can with what they have to work with, but really, the USPS, UPS and Fed Ex are going to have to upgrade, and get in line with the new way people are conducting business. It's all so very frustrating. 

Esteemed Contributor

Pro USPS seems to be outpacing derogatory denigrators of the USPS.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom 

What a wonderful thing to do!

I'm going to adopt your generousity since I rarely hear them coming or going.  If I just set it out, they can help themselves.

You are very thoughtful Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

I thank USPS people for their service, but I mailed certified signature required mail 10 days ago and not yet delivered. I was told 3 day delivery when I mailed it. This is unacceptable. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they would eat  items that are put out?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

They are really working hard. My neighbor is a mail carrier and she goes in an hour early. She works all seven days. They are tired and worn out. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched UPS pull up. One delivered packages to my two neighbors across the street and the other delivered my "guaranteed delivery by Christmas  package" which I ordered on the 18th. These guys were running even though it's "right there". 

Yesterday morning I thought I heard one of the older P.O. trucks. I looked out and of course it was across the street making a delivery. Looked at the time and it was 6:55 am.

I really admire them.

Honored Contributor

Give him a blown kiss from me for all his wonderful efforts.  Good son, mom.Heart