Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mail Carrier Son Said............

@on the bay   I've been leaving iced tea and fruit in the mailbox for the USPS carrier throughout the summer. He/she also knows they are welcome to cool off with the hose, but have only done so once or twice in over 100 degree days. (I doubt they are supposed to leave their hot little trucks, except to deliver packages.) In the winter, it's coffee or hot chocolate and a couple of cookies or a muffin. 

Best part of this is - my carriers always return the insolated glassware or mugs washed and ready to reuse! Gotta love leaving goodies for thoughtful people. Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

God bless our postal service! 

Honored Contributor

I blame the system, not the employees.

We too put out a basket of goodies. The one out there right now, that I need to bring in for the night, is filled with small bottled waters, small cans of soda, and bags of chips and other snacks. We also have a sign that says, "USPS, UPS, Amazon, and FedEx - Thank you for your help throughout the year. Please help yourself. Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones."   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady -

That sounds so nice! I bet they really appreciate it all!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Grateful for your son and the other postal employees. The Postal Service is a vital part of democracy and mandated by the Constition.  They deliver to all without regard to geographic difficulties, type of neighborhood, etc.  Rather than trying to privatize or limit their work, Congress should stop requiring them to fully fund their pensions for generations.  Then, we could see their profitability.  They are true heroes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  I appreciate the daily delivery of mail. It's still one of the most affordable things we have. Plus in our former home, our mailman noticed when someone didn't pick up their mail (without a vacation notice) and would ask neighbor if he/she was alright. We'd check. Usually they were OK, but once a little older lady had fallen and broken her hip.

If he hadn't been so alert, busy parents would never had know she needed help. Within  24-30 hours an ambulance was called and she was in emergency surgery. Her daughter arrived from CA to care for her recovery.

A dangerous, scarey situation turned out well because of a USPS carrier who was paying attention to the people on his route! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had the same mailman for over four years!!  He is great -  very kind, thoughtful and caring!!  He brings my packages up to my front door and rings the bell!  They do work those mail people hard!!

Every holiday, I do give him a little goodie. This year I surprised him with a can of Squirrel Brand nuts!!  He loved them....

Honored Contributor

Bless their hearts.  At least some one is working.  Since I have been in retail, I have learned quite a lot!

Respected Contributor

I am  grateful to your son and others out there working in such difficult conditions and trying to do the best they can.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Normally every Christmas I bake for mine, but he got the below instead, White Chocolate Rasberry.  He just left with it, plastic fork in plastic included to eat before his next stop.

Nothing Bundt Cakes acquires six San Diego bakeries | 2019-11-25 | Baking  Business

@beckyb1012   This looks delicious and I love anything raspberry!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam