Esteemed Contributor

Mail Carrier Son Said............

"I won't be there till late because the amount of packages that need delivering is astronomical and all the snow piled up isn't helping". (he was coming for dinner tonight)

Plus the last 2 weeks he's been going in an hour earlier to get out and make package deliveries before doing his mail route. 

Just saying because they ARE TRYING HARD.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mail Carrier Son Said............

[ Edited ]

Yes they are busting their butts to get packages delivered.

2TAAUHJNN5HAVBM5XHKJPQ5Z2A.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Mine every Christmas season delivers pkgs. here in my building and his other buildings before the regular mail daily delivery.  I have heard him outside my office door before 7:00 a.m. some mornings when I myself get started early.  He told me years ago he would start even earlier each day but the Federal Government will not let them. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I am sure they are working very hard, save him a plate of food.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing @shaggygirl, I hope all on his route appreciates his long days (not to mention how extra exhausting it is trampling through snow).  

It puts things in perspective, as many of us get anxious about the arrival of packages, that others are sacrificing family time each evening to ensure we have our deliveries! 

Honored Contributor

Normally every Christmas I bake for mine, but he got the below instead, White Chocolate Rasberry.  He just left with it, plastic fork in plastic included to eat before his next stop.

Nothing Bundt Cakes acquires six San Diego bakeries | 2019-11-25 | Baking  Business

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 

Oh, that sounds delish!

I may need to ambush your USPS man.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It's incredible to me that we get our packages delivered at all during these crazy times. I don't know how they do it but I give them much deserved credit for all they do. 

Valued Contributor

FD8E6F70-118D-4D8B-A92B-975DF450B358.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl -

They are heroes too!Heart

My daughter's fil is a mail carrier.

I can't believe they have no ac in their trucks during the summer either!That is awful!

A lot of people in our neighborhood and I know many other places have started leaving baskets of water, snacks out for all the deliverers. I think that is such a nice idea.

They must be so tired.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"