Honored Contributor

Mahershala Ali's Interview on 'Stephen Colbert' 12/2/21

[ Edited ]

I chose to place this post under "Community" because I was inspired by Mahershala Ali's words that he spoke in response to a probing question from Stephen Colbert.  You can see/hear his response, starting at 1:43 with Colbert's question to him on the YouTube entry titled "I'm a Work in Progress" after googling "Mahershala Ali on Stephen Colbert 12/2/21."

Ali has completed a film called Swan Song in which he is dying and secretly has himself cloned.  That is the backstory for Colbert's question to Ali.

If you are interested, it might bring you some enlightenment and inspiration today, too.  Alone on my couch, I applauded it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mahershala Ali's Interview on 'Stephen Colbert' 12/2/21

The first time I saw him act was in a TV sci-fi series titled The 4400 (2004-2007). I was impressed with his acting skills and have since seen him in a few other shows also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A very gifted actor, Ali has won two Oscars in addition to a boatload of other awards for his acting talent.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I was also impressed by MA in The 4400.  I thought he was great in The Green Book.

And I think Stephen Colbert is a national treasure.  He is brilliant and talented.

Read about his life -- you will be inspired by his background and family.

Honored Contributor

He was amazing in Green Book , I loved this movie, especially the very end. 

Trusted Contributor

@golding76   Darn, I. missed last night's show and had intended to watch.  Mr. Ali is an excellent actor and the projects he selects are fascinating and not common.  Winning two Oscars shows the respect in which he is held. Thanks for sharing the info.

Honored Contributor

@bklynirene wrote:

I was also impressed by MA in The 4400.  I thought he was great in The Green Book.

And I think Stephen Colbert is a national treasure.  He is brilliant and talented.

Read about his life -- you will be inspired by his background and family.

I need to read about his life.  I agree that he is brilliant and talented, and always seemed like a really good guy.

I have yet to watch last night's episode, but will look forward to watching after I do a few things today.  Smiley Happy   I never miss it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Darn, I. missed last night's show and had intended to watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4PjlUZKHsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPgD1dRq0B4

(parts 1 & 2 of the interview) Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Also excellent in the movie 'Moonlight'.

Honored Contributor

I just started a thread at the other forum with this video embedded so people can watch it easily. Thank you for sharing @golding76. Of course I gave you credit for finding it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr