Respected Contributor

Magazines flooding my mailbox?

My name must have been shared because I am getting lots of magazines that I have not subscribed--Parents, Good Housekeeping, Glamour, Allure, TV Guide, Better Homes &G, Food ,Family Circle. Wonder how to get them stopped? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Magazines flooding my mailbox?

You can usually find that information to stop delivery in the first few pages of the magazine.

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you aren't getting billed for them.  I would either donate them to a nursing home or hospital waiting room or throw them into the recycling bin.

Respected Contributor

I just wonder what organization or company shared my name and address. Guess you never know. 

Respected Contributor

I remember receiving a bunch of those magazines and wondered where they came from since I did not order them. After research, I discovered that when I ordered something from HSN the magazines were part of the order.

I used the info in the cover of the magazine to have them discontinued. Some did not stop until after 90 days as they were free subscriptions that came with the order. 

Respected Contributor

I'm always getting magazines and I feel like I don't really remember ordering them.  Maybe I got them with a purchase as suggested.  I don't even read them!  They are full of useless trash and the print is so small it's hard to read.  I hate magazines, unless I'm at the beach and drinking cocktails and need some brain dead fluff to flip through.

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I'm always getting magazines and I feel like I don't really remember ordering them.  Maybe I got them with a purchase as suggested.  I don't even read them!  They are full of useless trash and the print is so small it's hard to read.  I hate magazines, unless I'm at the beach and drinking cocktails and need some brain dead fluff to flip through.

@Grouchomarx  you have me LOL...the only magazine I still like is Readers Digest!

Honored Contributor

Just make sure they are not billing you for them.

They started sending me magazines once years ago but wanted payment. I refused because I did not order them. They would not stop sending them.

I had a lawyer friend write up a letter. That put a stop to it ASAP.

Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh the same thing is happening to me!  I am getting Allure, Good Housekeeping, Shape, Vogue, and (this one is really random) Family Circle!!  And I have not subscribed to any of them.  We monitor our CC bills closely as well as our checking accounts, and it doesn't appear that I am paying for any of them!  I donate them, however, would rather they just stop!  I have emailed all of them to no avail.....grrrrrrr.

Respected Contributor

@granddi

@Retiredpsych 

If you ordered something from Sharper Image, that can precipitate magazines in your mailbox.  Took me months to stop the nonsense.  I no longer order anything from them.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Take them to a hospital main lobby...or doctor’s office bldg....they will distribute them. Nothing worse than year-old magazines when you are spending time in a waiting room.