Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,253
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.

I bet it felt good to get out.

We are going to a bigger town tomorrow to shop. It has been several months since I've been to the stores there- I am really looking forward to it. We will wear our masks and try to stay as far from people as posible. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,114
Registered: ‎08-21-2014

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.

The thing is when I go out I don't look at everyone and check to make sure they're all wearing a mask. I wear one when I go out. I don't know how people can live so fearful day in and out. Be careful, do your best and move on. Living in fear cannot be good for anyone's mental health. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,521
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.


@noodleann wrote:

People where I live are abandoning precautions despite the "rules." I think it's because there's no enforcement, so the rules are toothless and pointless. I'm seeing more and more people, including employees, not wearing masks at all and not distancing. At a certain point I think most stores are going to let their employees forgo masks, and distancing will be up to the individual. 


@noodleann   I am fortunate to live in a state where our Governor has a mask mandate in effect. Sorry you have to live where there is none.  It is not perfect....but still MOST comply.  But even I like today have to be around those who do not. There are always going to be those who just feel it is their Right to infect others.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,615
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.

I know that masks help slow the spread but masks are not 100% effective. They leak, they aren't worn correctly, some masks are as good as no mask and so on, an so on. So that begs the question:  How much virus is floating in the air inside a crowed building even when people are wearing their masks? Furthermore, how much of the floating virus are you breathing in from around your mask? I need scientific answers before I feel safe enough to go 'inside'. Someone needs to do a serious study of this and publish it to the public.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,209
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  I, too, am grateful for our governor and the mandate.  You were in spacious buildings and were not at the counters for long so are probably okay.  Clerks, on the other hand, are standing in one place for extended periods so not properly masked are creating a potential cloud of Covid around them unless the air movement system can take it and spread it throughout the buiding -- said with the most dreadful smile. Ha.

 

Unbelievable that anyone would mock others for having sensible concerns about sloppy masking or unmasked when within 6 short months 200,000 Amerians are dead. @SilleeMee  I was not referring to your post.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,457
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.


@SeaMaiden wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

People where I live are abandoning precautions despite the "rules." I think it's because there's no enforcement, so the rules are toothless and pointless. I'm seeing more and more people, including employees, not wearing masks at all and not distancing. At a certain point I think most stores are going to let their employees forgo masks, and distancing will be up to the individual. 


@noodleann   I am fortunate to live in a state where our Governor has a mask mandate in effect. Sorry you have to live where there is none.  It is not perfect....but still MOST comply.  But even I like today have to be around those who do not. There are always going to be those who just feel it is their Right to infect others.


We have a mask requirement. It's just being ignored now. There is no enforcement of the requirement. So it's meaningless.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,032
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.


@SeaMaiden wrote:

I went to Costco, the dollar store.... and Big lots.  I left early so no crowds. Had my list and got out pretty fast. 

 

Costco was great. Everyone had masks on and were wearing them correctly. Love Costco ❤️

 

  At the dollar store, I got there  right when they opened....so it was pretty empty...maybe four customers.   Just my luck there  was one customer walking around WITH NO MASK ON.  She received some real dirty looks.....but no one said anything....

 

At Big Lots, the store was empty pretty much except for me and the employees....was surprising that the four employees who were working all had their  maskes BELOW their noses.....  I did not comment as I just was not in the mood for a upsetting day. But I  emailed corporate and told them how upset I was about it. 

Now I will self quarantine for a week or two.....

 


 

@SeaMaiden 

 

So why didn't YOU say something?   

 

I've done it twice in stores ... "Hey!  Where's your mask?"    and both times managers suddenly appeared and dealt with the person.  Either managers or security personnel should step in, but if you have to bring it to their attention, so be it.  Complaining because "nobody said anything"  is ridiculous ... YOU  should have said something.

 

And I have no idea why you think you need to self-quarantine.   You had your mask on, right?  

 

Mask   Mask   Mask

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,266
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.

I follow the rules. I wear masks and I try to go to grocery stores senior hours or times the stores tend to have less crowds.  Our area is rural and not in any hot spot.  But since we have been more open earlier than only areas around us we find that we have visitors who can potentially bring their Covid to us.  I guess we cannot guard the border or keep anyone out.  Like everyone here on this site and just about everywhere I pray for a return to safe normal. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,032
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.


@bonnielu wrote:

I follow the rules. I wear masks and I try to go to grocery stores senior hours or times the stores tend to have less crowds.  Our area is rural and not in any hot spot.  But since we have been more open earlier than only areas around us we find that we have visitors who can potentially bring their Covid to us.  I guess we cannot guard the border or keep anyone out.  Like everyone here on this site and just about everywhere I pray for a return to safe normal. 


 

@bonnielu 

 

???   What has guarding the border have to do with anything?  There are PLENTY of people in the U.S. who have/carry  covid and think they don't have to do their part.  Even people coming to visit  from other countries need to wear masks, but we have plenty of offenders here already.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,253
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.


@noodleann wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

People where I live are abandoning precautions despite the "rules." I think it's because there's no enforcement, so the rules are toothless and pointless. I'm seeing more and more people, including employees, not wearing masks at all and not distancing. At a certain point I think most stores are going to let their employees forgo masks, and distancing will be up to the individual. 


@noodleann   I am fortunate to live in a state where our Governor has a mask mandate in effect. Sorry you have to live where there is none.  It is not perfect....but still MOST comply.  But even I like today have to be around those who do not. There are always going to be those who just feel it is their Right to infect others.


We have a mask requirement. It's just being ignored now. There is no enforcement of the requirement. So it's meaningless.


And in my state its a requirement too, except there are exceptions. And there is no enforcement in the county I live in.

Where I am going shopping tomorrow, it is enforced.

I just say this because its interesting how different states, counties and even towns in some cases are handling this.