Honored Contributor

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.

@Still Raining wrote:

Every time I read on this forum, I mentally add more to my lockdown.

I would love to see a study of spread in stores.  Lots of denial going around.  Keep away from bars and cruise the stores.

Yes, I know that I am lucky my dr won't allow me out and I am retired.  Still working a safe way to get a flu shot.

Rant over. 😔

@Still Raining 

Some places are offering drive-thru flu shots. 

Respected Contributor

People where I live are abandoning precautions despite the "rules." I think it's because there's no enforcement, so the rules are toothless and pointless. I'm seeing more and more people, including employees, not wearing masks at all and not distancing. At a certain point I think most stores are going to let their employees forgo masks, and distancing will be up to the individual. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not going inside any store to shop. There are plenty of places online where I can find what I need. Why put myself in harm's way and then have the unnecessary stress as a result of that? I cannot afford to get sick with covid again. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I go out every day, or almost every day, and run errands.  I wear a mask, use hand sanitizer when out and wash my hands multiple times when I get home. 

No way do I quarantine for a week or two after running errands. 

@gidgetgh  I do the same.

I did quarantine for 2 weeks when we got home after vacation this year.  My husband worked from home for those 2 weeks too.  

Respected Contributor

The last several months as I have been out and about seems everyone is doing a very good job wearing mask. The stores I've been in have hand sanitizer available when entering the store. Also there are wipes available if you are using a cart. Some of the grocery stores have someone available to clean off the cart handles for you, and also to clean the checkout areas between customers.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee i feel the same way. shopping in stores is just not worth the risk of catching the virus. i've spent so much shopping online since the pandemic. i can't complain though. it's my choice to stay home. 

i'm happy you recovered nicely. stay well!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @freakygirl 

You would faint if you saw my hospital bills. I was sick for several weeks in the hospital and now I have to go through more tests! It's not over for me yet. Like I said, I cannot afford to get sick again. I'm already deep in debt b/c of this stinkin' virus. ...okay, beeotching over...LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee owww 😟, i'm so sorry to hear that. i hope your health will improve soon and things work out. beeotch all you want. sometimes the release helps! 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh. You are doing exactly what I am doing. After I run one or two errands per day, I often drive to a nearby park or just a pretty, quiet street, open my car windows for fresh air, and read a book or newspaper for maybe 20 min to half an hour. I need a change of scenery from my house! I'm dreading winter weather here in the midwest when I can still do errands but not the latter. I don't linger on my errands so I'm exposed to as few people as possible. So I'm dreading the cold weather that will confine me to home even more.

——————————

I feel for you because that’s how it’s been in hot weather areas for months. I am so excited to start being outdoors again, open up doors and windows, maybe visit with a friend on the patio 😷. 

Respected Contributor

There will always be people who resist proper masking or masking at all and it is up to the rest of us to do everything we can to protect ourselves.  That isn't being scared, it is common sense.

It's also a process of figuring out what to do and when in changing situations.  Thinking back, I realize I should have left a closed-in situation where someone was unmasked even though I was masked.  Any droplets or spray he put into the nearby air, if he was unknowingly a carrier, could have circulated even though I remained 6 feet distanced.  When he moved out, it was my turn to step forward into the space he left.  I shudder.  I was not thinking quick enough but will know better next time.

He had a mask hanging around his neck, obviously too lazy and uncaring to bother pulling it up.  I'm so weary of the stupids.  No patience left.