Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I see posters complaining on these forums all the time about high prices on merchandise and clothing on QVC. Then complain about it not being made in America. Prices then will be higher. So pick one or the other.

Agreed.

One will never find quality American made items in the Dollar store.

If one want quality American made items, then one will have to pay more for it, and the sad truth is, not everyone can afford those prices, so the cheaper products are what sells.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor
when I was a kid everything said Made in Japan
Honored Contributor

Re: Made In China

[ Edited ]

I buy all my clothes made in the USA. It costs more, but they last longer and are more unique as well.

the problem is Americans.  They insist on cheaper clothing, cheaper everything. I mean everything.  How are you going to pay wages in US and deliver cheaper goods.  Until Americans decide to give some things and buy American it won't happen.  We are also more global than we were.  We can go anywhere in the world online by phone or internet 24 hours a day all year.  QVC has to provide price point the Q customer demands.  I do however think they could devote a show once a week selling mad in the USA clothes. If people wanted to pay it they could

I buy many clothes from Lissa the shop. Fawbushs and a few other stores..  Brands I love are

Chalet

comfy usa

prairie underdog

tulia

and a list of names.  I have clothes made right here in California.  I am so proud I can do that.

Honored Contributor

And beware the cheaters selling made in USA too!  They may have most of it made in china, It comes back to USA and they add something and claim USA. Some items are made in USA, then put together in china.  An example is some michael Kors handbags.  They have most put together overseas.  They send it back to states where MK sews zippers in, they can use label assembled in USA.  It's complicated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Made In China

[ Edited ]

Korres says Made in Greece, and M Asam says made in Germany, a refreshing change. Active Argan made in Italy. 

Esteemed Contributor

As long as people want low prices, they are going to get shoddily made, usually imported, goods.

I recently bought mud boots for outdoor chores and was shocked flimsy some are.  Wouldn't last a hot second but they were cheap.

Honored Contributor

Such an odd thread.  It's like posters have been asleep for 50 years and woke up the fact that the USA is not a manufacturing based economy.  It hasn't been for 40 or 50 years and "Made in China" most certainly does not mean poorly made or inferior.  Where does that foolishness come from?  The fact is that if we anyone abstains from "Made in China" they are probably curled up naked in their empty houses....because everything we need made in China or somewhere outside the US and that's not going to change.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Imagine a country, USA, giving most of its manufacturing to another country...let alone one that doesn't like us. Then allowing China to place 25% and 15% tariffs on everything American companies has manufactured by them.  

Yes, it is unbelievable!

Right, unbelievably stupid.  

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Walmart, the company that had been most guilty at one time, the one that initially prided itself on Made in USA, is breaking out of the pack.  They are slowly having their products made in other countries and training entrepreneurs to start up companies in the U.S.

I will be so happy to see the Made in USA label again.    

For nearly 20 years, Wal Mart was where I went to buy American made, and the prices were equal or less.  The harder it is to make things here (labor to manufacturing to taxes), the more companies will go overseas. 

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I see posters complaining on these forums all the time about high prices on merchandise and clothing on QVC. Then complain about it not being made in America. Prices then will be higher. So pick one or the other.

I say bring manufacturing back to the USA and charge what you will.  Let the market decide if they will buy or not.