Honored Contributor

Re: Madame Tussauds Boots Harry & Meghan

I think that is petty to remove their wax figures.  I also think that Harry and Meghan should have talked to the Queen about this unless they did and the Queen did not take it seriously.  Hopefully, it will be resolved in a few days or so.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The Queen's outfit....ravishing red or raging red? (either way, she does look good in red!)

The Queen wants Harry and Meghan's future role to be resolved quickly

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Harry isn't owned, he can renounce his title, give up his royal privileges, allowance and walk away. There is nothing American about Meghan's behavior, she joined an exclusive club and refused to abide by the established protocol. More than that, she has disrespected the members of the club and those who are financing her privileged lifestyle.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

The whole episode does have a certain zany quality to it, and there's plenty of opportunity for mirth.

My estimation of them has been going down.  They were undeniably an attractive, vibrant couple, and now a charming little family with their darling boy Archie.

But to me, it's not "cricket" to still want the perks of royalty, while being relieved of the duties.  Far more respectable would have been, after the courtesy of a mature conference with the Queen, they had announced that they were renouncing their titles and advantage, to follow their own course of doing 'good' in the world.

So, not that they care, but I find their actions wanting in character. 

Where has it been said the Sussexes are being relieved of their duties? Words matter. Also do you think Eugenie and Beatrice should have their titles removed? They have full time jobs outside of the RF. If not, why?

Respected Contributor

@JJsMom it's quite evident why the pile on, the lies, the hatred of people known only by the gossip they generate. Since it fits the narrative, the lies are swallowed hook line and sinker. No wonder the Sussexes want no more of it.

Is it Sunday yet?

Honored Contributor

Beatrice and her sister do not receive an allowance from Prince Charles, are not funded by the British public, and do not disrespect the Queen.

Respected Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@JJsMom it's quite evident why the pile on, the lies, the hatred of people known only by the gossip they generate. Since it fits the narrative, the lies are swallowed hook line and sinker. No wonder the Sussexes want no more of it.

Is it Sunday yet?

People love a good scandal. It makes them feel better about their own lives I think.

I applaud Harry and Meghan for doing what makes them happy. They don't owe the public anything. It's creepy how the public feels entitled to all the private details of their lives including baby photos and post maternity pics. They give just enough to try to satisfy the vulture, but it just fuels their fire. Nothing they do will ever be good enough. That is clear.

I still laugh when I think about the posters who took issue with Meghan resting her hand on her pregnant belly. Really? lol

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb LOL now those are both funny.

Respected Contributor

I often wonder how long the situation will go on - honoring and adoring "royals" when they really serve no purpose, other than to bring in tourist dollars.  I'm obviously not a worshipper of all things royal.  They're just people and it would not make me upset if they just faded into society like the other people.  Turn the palaces into museums.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I'm so glad we don't have royalty and people are allowed to make their own choices in life without others dictating what they can and cannot do. What Meghan is doing is as American as apple pie. I'm surprised so many of you Americans aren't celebrating her actions. The British don't own her because she happened to marry Harry, and Harry had no choice in being born into that family. They should focus on more important issues facing their country and the scandals among their own who have stayed with the family. Frankly, there is much more scandal and embarrassment there.

When Harry and Meghan want to renounce any and all titles and access to the advantages those titles bring them, then perhaps some who are currently looking a bit askance at them will feel differently. However, the way it currently reads, based on what we're being led to believe anyway, is they appear to want to have their cake and eat it too, a position some feel they can't respect...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...