Honored Contributor

Re: Madame Tussauds Boots Harry & Meghan

@sunshine45 wrote:

one of the articles i read (page six) said that meghan/harry would now be mixed in more with the celebrities that she is "more familiar with."

also seen via social media......a new hashtag......#megxit.

Megxit... Cute... Smiley LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
It isnt so much what Harry and Meghan did, it's the extremely lousy and disrespect, uncaring and selfish way they did it. Nobody should be defending their actions. 👎

Have you see how many different stories there are ? How would any of us know what is the truth ?  Tabloids deal in sensational headlines, I'll defend anyone's right to forge their own path, he is not William . As for how they did it , who really knows ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'd think Charles and Camilla would be in that vignette at the museum and possibly William's children... Without putting too fine a point on it, I'd never have considered the Sussex family 'senior' royals in the first place... Apparenty, there was some agreement with that assessment among some of the royals and it rankled... But really, Charles is the heir apparent and William is the heir presumptive and Harry, for better or worse, was the spare, and isn't even that anymore, now that Wiliam has three children... 

Trusted Contributor

Ugh  ...  dirty royal politics

and they looked like such a nice family ... boo, hoo

British royalty.jpg

Honored Contributor

CNN is reporting the Queen asked them not to make this announcement but they did it anyway.  Unfortunate.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
It isnt so much what Harry and Meghan did, it's the extremely lousy and disrespect, uncaring and selfish way they did it. Nobody should be defending their actions. 👎

I'd just note that for a couple who claims to dislike the spotlight and abhor media attention, they sure know how to garner it and seem to go out of their way to do so... Had this been planned and the announcement made from the palace, there would still have been discussion but not nearly as much rancor and they had to know that...

Trusted Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

Ugh  ...  dirty royal politics

and they looked like such a nice family ... boo, hoo

British royalty.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

CNN is reporting the Queen asked them not to make this announcement but they did it anyway.  Unfortunate.

If true. and possibly regardless, were I her, I'd most definitely rescind their Duke and Duchess titles... If, as has been said, they planned to market their Dukedom, let's see how well they do without it... Were I her, and since Harry seems so intent on using Diana as an excuse for everything he does, I'd also consider disallowing the HRH designation, as was done with Diana, most surely where his wife is concerned and, if possible, where he is concerned as well... They'd remain a prince and princess but that would be it...

Respected Contributor

I think its worth repeating that all of this speculation, all the fingerpointing and judging is based solely on tabloid sensationalism. Unless someone is reporting from inside the royal family, its best to take all of these "reports" with a big grain of salt.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

If true. and possibly regardless, were I her, I'd most definitely rescind their Duke and Duchess titles... If, as has been said, they planned to market their Dukedom, let's see how well they do without it... Were I her, and since Harry seems so intent on using Diana as an excuse for everything he does, I'd also consider disallowing the HRH designation, as was done with Diana, most surely, where his wife is concerned and, if possible, where he is concerned is well... They'd remain a prince and princess but that would be it...

I don't think she will.  She may be furious, but she won't want to create the appearance of discord in the family.  I'm not sure what she should do.  I wish Harry and Meghan handled this better.